About the job
Job Title: Data Analyst
Reports to: Lead, Data Scientist
Location: Goleta, CA
We are looking for a passionate Data Analyst with demonstrated knowledge of product analytics, data modeling and reporting. As a Data Analyst, you will have the opportunity to influence key strategic decisions by sharing insights with leadership and business owners. As a member of the Enterprise Analytics team, you will belong to a cross-functional Agile team who partners closely with business teams across Deckers.
The primary functions of this role, include but are not limited to:
- Spearheading data driven decision making process in the company and identifying opportunities for meaningful growth
- Collaborate with internal teams to understand reporting requirements and derive key metrics
- Write queries against source systems (Oracle, Amazon Redshift) to extract data for analysis
- Analyze data to derive insights and develop data visualizations to cultivate decision making
- Create data sources in Tableau to support reporting for internal teams
Who You Are
- Passion for tackling ambiguous problem and creating tangible outcomes
- Practiced in communicating complex projects to non-technical stakeholders
- Desire to be in a cross-functional team where open-minded and transparent sharing is a tool for breaking down challenging problems
- Thrives in a dynamic environment, maintaining composure and a positive attitude.
We’d love to hear from people with
- Excellent SQL skills (PostgreSQL and Oracle SQL preferred)
- Experience with data visualization and dashboarding tools (preferably Tableau)
- Experience working in a Linux environment
- Working knowledge of Git & Github
- Experience working autonomously and prioritizing with business impact in mind
- Experience in fashion, footwear, or retail industry
What We’ll Give You –
- Competitive Pay and Bonuses –We’ve created a variety of competitive compensation programs to foster career development, reward success and to show our employees just how much they’re valued.
- Financial Planning and wellbeing –No matter what financial goals our employees have set, we want to help them get there. Our plans provide powerful ways to protect income, pay for expenses and invest in the future.
- Time away from work –Sometimes we need time away to be with family, focus on our health or just simply recharge. Our plans support our employees’ needs to get out, get healthy and come back stronger than ever.
- Extras, discounts and perks –Being a valued member of the Deckers Brands team means more than just a paycheck. From generous discounts to community-based programs, we offer a variety of cool extras
- Growth and Development –Deckers Brands was built on the idea of pursuing passion. That’s why we offer extensive opportunities and support for personal and professional development.
- Health and Wellness –There’s nothing basic about our comprehensive health and wellness programs and offerings. While at work and at play, we aim to support a healthy lifestyle.
Equal Employment Opportunity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other factors prohibited by law.