LinkedIn helps professionals achieve more in their careers, and every day millions of people use our products to make connections, discover opportunities, and gain insights. Our global reach means we get to make a direct impact on the world’s workforce in ways no other company can. We are much more than a digital résumé – we transform lives through innovative products and technologies. LinkedIn has the most interesting data about the professional world and this is one of LinkedIn’s most valuable assets.
Searching for your dream job? At LinkedIn, we strive to help our employees find passion and purpose. Join us in changing the way the world works. This position is a rare opportunity to get in on the ground floor of an initiative that has a company-wide impact and to build products at the cutting-edge of Big Data.
- Relocation is currently not supported.
Data Analyst [Contractor Position]
We are seeking extraordinary talent to work alongside machine learning researchers, software engineers, data experts, and product managers to build out LinkedIn’s Economic Graph – our knowledge bases about economic entities like professions, companies, and skills. This work drives all of the products at LinkedIn so that we can create economic opportunities for professionals everywhere.
Our ideal candidate will be passionate about applying their expertise in data analysis to provide meaningful insights for our knowledge graph initiatives. This position is a full-time contractor role based in our office in Mountain View, CA. Team members enjoy a supportive and collaborative environment.
- Work with stakeholders (i.e., Product, Data, Engineering teams) to gather requirements and assist with data-related information, by supporting their data infrastructure needs.
- Identify, design, and implement internal process improvements: automating manual processes, optimizing data delivery, re-designing infrastructure for greater scalability, etc.
- Build the infrastructure required for optimal extraction, transformation, and loading of data from a wide variety of data sources using Big Data technologies.
- Assemble large, complex data sets that meet functional/non-functional business requirements.
- Create and visualize data quality reports for Data Evaluation team to make better business decisions;
- Create and maintain documentation and guidelines for standard procedures of quality assessment.
- Bachelor or higher degree in a quantitative discipline: statistics, operations research, computer science, informatics, engineering, applied mathematics, economics, etc.;
- Background in at least one of the programming languages: R, Python, Java, Scala;
- Experienced in Spark, Hadoop, and SQL;
- A successful history of manipulating, processing and extracting value from large disconnected datasets.
- Experience performing root cause analysis on internal and external data and processes to answer specific business questions and identify opportunities for improvement.
- Strong analytic skills related to working with unstructured datasets.
- Build processes supporting data transformation, data structures, metadata, dependency and workload management.
- Strong written/spoken communication skills in English;
- Ability to understand and apply complex task-specific instructions with minimal supervision;
- Comfortable working in a rapidly changing environment under tight deadlines.