Job DetailsLevel ExperiencedJob Location Irvine– Headquarters – Irvine, CAPosition Type Full TimeEducation Level 4 Year DegreeTravel Percentage RarelyJob Shift 1stJob Category Business DevelopmentDescription
About Hyundai GLOVIS America Inc.
GLOVIS America, Inc. is a third-party logistics provider headquartered in Irvine, CA. Since our inception in 2002, we are committed to delivering our customers products via truck, rail, or ocean vessel throughout the U.S., Canada, and Mexico. Glovis America makes every effort to exceed standards by providing quality service to our customers and vendors of the automotive, freight forwarding, parts distribution, used car, and fuel industries. We cater logistics strategies and processes to our customers’ needs by utilizing the latest information systems and advanced technologies.
This position will provide analytical support to the Business Planning team by preparing various financial analyses and reports, analyzing complex data sets to prepare pricing models that comply with the company strategy, and supporting the annual business plan process. 2-3 years of related experience must needed.
- Pricing & analytics Create and update pricing tools and templates, ensuring accuracy, and reformulate when necessary Perform continual margin and pricing analysis in order to support business initiatives Generate monthly reports; including profitability, forecasting, and variance analysis Update and track all pricing lists, rate schedules, Customer approvals and backup supporting data Identify opportunities to optimize revenue and profitability through pricing strategies Analyze information obtained from procurement, business development, and other operational teams to confirm financial outcome and recommendations Prepare internal approval documents and supporting analysis for department executives to review and approve, as needed
- Rates & contract management Track and maintain all revenue rates and distribute rates internally to relevant teams and team leaders Prepare, present and communicate rates and rate changes to Customers and internally to relevant teams and team leaders Perform periodic review of Customer rate tables to determine if rates are priced appropriately Support the Business Planning Manager in annual Customer rate increases Remain informed and up-to-date on all related Customer contract negotiations Support executive team with the handling and organization of Customer contracts and associated rate schedules
- Operational Support Collaborate with and provide support to Operations and Finance departments on day-to-day tasks as well as special projects, including new business development Review data, assumptions and price quotes prepared by other teams, to ensure accuracy and provide advice to help generate the most income for the company Promote streamline and efficient workflow processes amongst departments
- Other duties as assigned Support the annual Business Plan preparation process Other duties as assigned
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills preferred
- Intermediate to advanced PC skills: Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint and database management required
- SAP experience preferred but not required.
- Must possess high organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to logically and systematically solve complex problems that involve competing priorities
- Must possess necessary interpersonal skills to effectively communicate with different departments as well as our Customers
- Must be able to work independently and at the direction of the Supervisor, Manager and/or National Manager of Business Planning & Development.
- Interest in a lifelong learning and career development
Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Accounting, or Statistics
- 2 – 3 years of outbound logistics experience OR an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Preferred work experience in vehicle logistics and/or automotive industry
- Ability to sit in front of a desk and/or in front of the computer for long periods
- Repetitive use of hand/grasping product, writing, and typing
- Lift up to 15lbs
- Carry up to 15lbs
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this job.
Working and Environmental Conditions
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
- Typical office environment with low-level noise exposure.
- The position is based out of the Irvine, CA office
- Communication with employees and field partners will be primarily conducted via phone and email.