Website Global Atlantic Financial Group
We are still hiring and interviewing for this position. We are conducting interviews over video. Our employees can voluntarily return to our office, and we are fully supporting remote work throughout the end of 2020.**
Global Atlantic is one of the fastest growing companies in the Life and Annuity industry. We are focused on the U.S. retirement and life insurance markets with a broad range of annuities and life insurance options, as well as reinsurance solutions. Our success is driven by competitive, innovative product designs, leading investment management and integrated risk management, along with highly experienced leadership.
Global Atlantic is looking for a diverse team of talented individuals who reinforce our culture of collaboration and innovation. We are dedicated to the career development of our people because we know they are critical to our long-term success. Join our team and come grow with us.
The Data Analytics Intern will join the Global Atlantic’s Data & Analytics Team. The role will have responsibilities in maintaining data integrity and developing reports. This position will apply knowledge of the business and available data to aid in the development of data-driven solutions. Additionally, this role will maintain and improve existing reporting.
Located at our Des Moines location, this position reports to a Data Scientist, Data & Analytics.
- Gain a basic understanding of the functional area and overall operating environment to identify opportunities for process improvements
- Enhance Global Atlantic’s ability to determine effective methods of increasing revenue, lowering expenses, reducing risk, and improving the health of the agent or customer relationship
- Clearly and concisely answer business partners’ questions using visual, data-driven solutions
- Integrate multiple data sources to identify repetitive, time-consuming, or high-risk manual processes and assist in process automation
- Create, maintain, and refresh Tableau reports
- Develop ad hoc and on-going reporting based on business requirements using Tableau, Python, and Sybase
- Graduating with a bachelor’s degree in December 2021 or Spring 2022.
- Pursuing a bachelor’s degree in Data Science, Computer Science, Math, Statistics, Economics, Analytics, or related field with interest in data analysis, data management, and reporting
- Working knowledge of one or more programming languages required
- Statistics required
- Must be detail oriented and possess strong organization and time management skills to meet strict deadlines in a rapidly changing environment
- Positive attitude even when faced with difficult obstacles, issues, or challenges
- Strong work ethic, high level of personal integrity, and accountability
- Strong communication skills and an ability to work independently and with a team
- Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Office suite, specifically Excel data manipulation (pivot tables and charting tools) desired
- Basic knowledge of database, table, and dataset design is desired
- Linear and times series regression a plus
- Experience with Tableau or Python is a plus
TOTAL REWARDS STATEMENT
At Global Atlantic, enjoy a highly competitive compensation and benefits package, with a focus on pay equity and flexibility. We are proud to support work/life balance with flexible work arrangements that meet individual and business needs. A casual dress code, above-average paid time off, parental and military leave, adoption assistance and tuition reimbursement are just a few of the extra perks that make Global Atlantic a great place to work. We strive to foster a culture of total well-being through community outreach and charitable giving programs.
Social platforms provide an environment to collaborate with others and participate in friendly competitions towards achieving physical, emotional and financial well-being. In Des Moines, we actively partner with Central Iowa Shelter & Services, Junior Achievement of Central Iowa, Make a Wish, and United Way.Our highly competitive health, retirement, life and disability plans can be tailored to best suit your needs and those of your whole family.
Global Atlantic is committed to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can meaningfully contribute to our success. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and we do not discriminate in employment on any basis that is prohibited by federal, state or local laws. More than that, we strive to be inclusive of all backgrounds and experiences, which we feel gives us a competitive advantage in the market and within our firm. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age, or veteran status.
This position is not eligible for visa sponsorship now or in the future
Global Atlantic Financial Company Employee Candidate Privacy Notice