Website Mission Bio
Are you curious, driven, and collaborative? Do you want to work at one of the most innovative and impactful biotech companies in the Bay Area? Mission Bio’s Tapestri Precision Genomics Platform was #2 on the The Scientist’s 2018 Top 10 Innovations list. And single-cell sequencing, which we focus on, was voted Nature Methods Method of the Year 2019. Our mission is to enable our customers to eliminate cancer.
Mission Bio is a start-up providing the best-in-class solution for single-cell genomics, ranging from research to translational/clinical medicine. We are a small team that is growing rapidly, so this is an opportunity for a talented, driven individual to significantly impact the direction and success of an exciting young company. We are committed to diversity. If you are a collaborative, curious, hardworking professional who thrives in a fast-paced, dynamic, supportive environment, we would love to meet you.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Mission Bio is looking for a talented and hardworking intern to contribute to data analysis for cutting edge science that enables the discovery, development and delivery of precision medicine.
You will be part of a high energy team developing informatics solutions for single cell DNA sequencing data. You will conduct analysis to support the development of methods for cell calling for our single cell DNA and multi-omics applications.
QUALIFICATIONS, EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential dutysatisfactorily. The requirements listed below represent the knowledge, skill, and/orabilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The candidate should have:
- Masters or PhD degree in Bioinformatics, Computational Biology or related field
- Demonstrated experience analyzing next generation sequencing data from Illumina
- Strong computational and programming skills in Python and hands-on experience working with statistical and plotting packages
- Strong understanding of variant calling, experience developing/using variant calling pipelines, manipulate vcf files
- Understanding of single cell data type is a plus
- Experience use of modern source control(Git)
- Excellent analytical, problem solving and organizational skills
- Ability to pay close attention to detail and communicate effectively