Website Simpler Trading
Simpler Trading, the premier provider of trading education in the marketplace, is in search of a Data Analyst Intern to join the team. At Simpler Trading our mission is to build and transform lives through stock trading and to create one of the most enduring sources of quality, tried and applied content in the industry to help our clients be successful too. As an entrepreneurial-minded fintech organization we encourage creativity, curiosity, and maintain a consumer-centric business model to deliver quality products and services.
We are currently seeking a Data Analyst Intern (approximately +/- 15-20 hours weekly) to support our Business Operations teams (Sales/Marketing/Finance/Technology) with data analytics. Our goal is to recognize and support emerging talent and to help our interns grow both technically and personally through their experience working closely with their Manager, and their team. We are dedicated to providing an experience that allows for the intern to experience life at Simpler Trading by giving them projects that are critical to their team’s success.
The ideal candidate will use their passion for big data and analytics to provide insights to the business covering a range of topics. They will be responsible for conducting both recurring and ad hoc analysis for business users. The Data Analyst Intern that will best fit Simpler Trading will answer yes to the following questions:
- I consider myself to be open-minded and challenge my beliefs/perceptions on a regular basis.
- I know being an “Effective Communicator” is an extremely difficult and lifelong journey and I’m committed to figuring it out.
- Trust, Communication, Accountability, Commitment, and Results are all words that deeply resonate with me.
- When challenges arise, the first thing I ask myself is “How did I contribute to the problem?”
- I continually ask myself, “Why do people keep making the same mistakes over and over again and expect different results?”
- Winning is awesome, but I’ve learned that the process that got me there is more important.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Support each department’s use of operational metrics by developing reports and setting up automated delivery.
- Understand how to make data visually appealing and simple to both navigate and comprehend for end-users.
- Aggregate data from various sources to construct streamlined data pipelines and integrate data from multiple systems.
- Identify key business levers, establish cause & effect, perform analyses, and communicate key findings to various stakeholders to facilitate data driven decision-making.
- Work with cross functional teams to create, launch and sustain new projects.
- Currently pursuing your Bachelor’s Degree or MBA focusing on Data Science, Statistics, Mathematics, Computer Science, Management Information Systems, or Business Analytics
- Experience navigating and extracting data from relational databases using complex SQL queries.
- Experience with Business Intelligence tools (such as Tableau) and advanced Microsoft Excel techniques (such as pivot tables)
- Knowledge of foundational statistical concepts, such as probability, hypothesis testing, confidence intervals and basic regression techniques.
- Basic proficiency in MS Word and Powerpoint.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously and breakdown complex problems into manageable components.
- Knowledge of R and/or Python.
- Knowledge of advanced statistical concepts like deep learning and non-parametric methods would be a plus.