About The Position
Ameren Services provides support and services to Ameren Corporation and its operating companies, subsidiaries and affiliates. Nearly 1,400 employees serve the company with business planning, communications, diversity, financial support, human resources, information technology, legal counsel, safety and supply services.
This is a January – August Co-op OR May – December Co-op OR May – August Intern position in St. Louis, MO.
You Will Get Exposure To The Following Technologies
Interns will participate in meaningful work activities related to development, maintenance & support and enhancements to our Analytics software solutions. Interns are assigned a mentor that will guide you through your internship. Coaching and feedback are a key part of your intern experience. You will have the opportunity to work with a talented, experienced IT staff while completing your work assignments.
- Programming Languages: SQL
- Relational Database Management: Oracle, Sybase, SQL Server and Teradata
- Tools: Oracle Business Intelligence (OBIEE), Power BI, SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS)
The intern program provides students with valuable work experience as well as providing Ameren with a source of highly talented candidates for full time positions.
Current student status pursuing a Bachelors or Masters in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Management Information Systems, Engineering, Business, or equivalent computer-related field from an accredited college or university required. A GPA of 2.5 or above
In addition to the above qualifications, the successful candidate will demonstrate:
- Proficiency in data analytics and mathematics/statistics
- Good analytical and human relations skills
- Experience with organizing and analyzing large quantities of data
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team
- Leadership experience inside and/or outside the classroom
- A strong commitment to a career in technology and passion/aptitude for both software and information technology
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and ability to articulate clearly
- Creative problem solving and proactive learning
- Knowledge of SQL (preferred)
- Experience with data analytics software and visualization tools (preferred)
- Experience in modern software/application development (preferred)
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.