Website First Midwest Bank
First Midwest, with assets over $20 billion, is the premier relationship-based banking franchise in the dynamic Chicagoland banking market. As one of the Chicago metropolitan area’s largest independent bank holding companies, First Midwest provides the full range of commercial, retail banking, and wealth management services through some 120+ offices located in communities in metropolitan Chicago, Northwest Indiana, Central and Western Illinois, Eastern Iowa, and Southeast Wisconsin.
Our Summer Internship Program will provide you valuable knowledge and professional, practical experience in financial services. From the moment you join us, you will be a vital member of the team. You will focus on meaningful work assignments and gain insights into our bank and business.
Our internship program is designed to help to prepare and develop future organizational leaders through a variety of training, mentoring and teambuilding activities. Throughout the 10-week program, you will participate in relevant technical training and other professional development courses you can apply to work and life. You will work closely with colleagues to meet the business objectives and priorities defined by your specific line of business.
Internships Are Typically Available Within The Following Lines Of Business
Placement is based on candidates experience, skill set, interests and organizational priorities.
- Commercial Banking (which may include various market segments or Treasury Management)
- Wealth Management (which may include Estate Services, Trust Sales or FMFN)
- Corporate & Operations (which may include Human Resources, Finance, Accounting or Marketing)
- Retail Banking (which may include Retail Sales Support, Customer Care or Centralized Sales)
Required Education, Experience And Skills
The Summer Internship Program offers highly motivated and successful individuals an opportunity to hone skills while working in a diverse environment.
Eligible Candidates Will Possess The Following Requirements
- Currently pursuing an undergraduate degree in Finance, Accounting, or related discipline which coincides with the line of business
- Minimum cumulative GPA of 3.2 out of 4.0
- Must be a Junior or Senior standing at the time of internship
- Self-starter with involvement in extra-curricular, community or university sponsored organizations
- Adaptability and the ability to learn quickly and handle unexpected challenges with maturity and professionalism
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong presentation skills
- Demonstrated analytical and problem solving skills
- Proficient with MS Office
- Driven and motivated with demonstrated teamwork and leadership ability
- Strong interest in the banking industry and desire to grow and develop a career at First Midwest Bank
- Permanent US work authorization required
All of these duties will be completed with the proper level of supervision. It is important to note that the bank operates under a high level of security/confidentiality for its customers and all financial information observed and discussed in meetings is to be kept confidential.
As a participant in the Summer Internship Program, you will have opportunities to learn about banking through experiences specific to your line of business. Specific internship responsibilities will be determined and depend on the needs of the department and the line of business specialization. Typical experiences may include but are not limited to:
- Completing projects specific to the assigned line of business
- Mentoring activities to provide guidance in navigating daily responsibilities and First Midwest Bank culture
- Learning and development opportunities, including technical training within your assigned line of business, professional development courses and lunch & learn sessions
- Formal assessments to supply you with feedback to help prepare you for your future
- Informational sessions with bank executives
- Opportunities to build your social network with executives, employees and fellow interns
- Presentation of final project to First Midwest colleagues and peers
- Opportunity to interview for the full time Rotational Development Program at the conclusion of the internship
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP here and Supplement here.