The Walt Disney Company
At Disney, we are storytellers. We make the impossible, possible. We do this through utilizing and developing cutting-edge technology and pushing the envelope to bring stories to life through our movies, products, interactive games, parks and resorts, and media networks. Now is your chance to join our talented team that delivers unparalleled creative content to audiences around the world.
The DMED Data Team seeks forward-thinking team members who are passionate about delivering a quality product, enjoy working closely with business partners on both strategic and tactical challenges, and are excited about building and optimizing a new data systems. There are potential opportunities for Data Analytics, Data Science and/or Data Engineering within the Disney Streaming organization
For Data Engineer:
- Strong understanding of fundamental work on various defect fixes/enhancements to improve overall productivity
- Experience in Python, Scala, Java or Go-Lang
- Some exposure to big data technologies
- Strong SQL skills
- Knowledge in REST APIs
- Solid communication skills – both written and verbal
- Great time management skills
- Ability to work independently as a self-starter
- Ability to function well within a diverse team
For Data Scientist
- Experience using data-building and statistical programming languages: SAS, Python, R, SQL.
- Practical experience and expertise in applied statistics and data science methodologies (general advanced data modeling and predictive analytics e.g., multivariate regression analysis, machine learning, forecasting, Bayesian estimation)
- Experience with data exploration utilizing data visualization tools (e.g. Tableau, Looker, Pandas, ggplot2, Plotly).
- Experience with distributed databases and query languages like Spark and Scala.
- Ability to think strategically, including interpreting market and consumer information
- Demonstrated ability to translate complex data sets into clear and actionable narratives, and the ability to communicate opportunities and challenges to multiple stakeholders.
- Intellectually curious, analytically rigorous, hard-working, good work ethic and an on-point business intuition.
For Data Analyst
- Design, develop, and maintain dashboards and reports supporting various teams across the streaming business.
For Data Analyst
- Data visualization and dash boarding skills
- SQL querying skills
- Keen sense of aesthetics to develop compelling storylines with appealing visuals
- Ability to successfully collaborate with both business users and engineers for effective analytical solution development and deployment
- Passion to drive actionable insights from data and present to business stakeholders in a compelling manner
- Discipline to create well-documented solutions
- Ability to work remotely with little or no assistance
Junior or Senior Level student or recent graduate (within 18 months of graduating) pursuing a Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Masters in Information Systems/Technology or related field
- Must be enrolled in an accredited college/university taking at least one class in the semester/quarter (spring/fall) prior to participation in the internship program OR must have graduated from a college/university within 18 months OR currently participating in a Disney College Program or Disney Professional Internship
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must not have completed one year of continual employment on a Disney internship or program.
- Must possess unrestricted work authorization
- Must provide full work availability
- Must provide own transportation to/from work (if it becomes in-person)
- Current Active Disney cast members must meet Professional Internship transfer guidelines (for Walt Disney World cast members this is no more than four points and one reprimand in the last six months; for Disneyland cast members this is six months of consecutive service and a performance record clear of any disciplinary issues (warnings, suspensions, etc.) for at least six months)
- Program Length: The approximate dates of this internship are 05/17/2021- 08/07/2021. Interns must be fully available for the duration of the internship.
- Recommendation – Print or Save This Role Description: Strong candidates may be invited to complete a phone interview. We strongly encourage applicants to print a copy of this role description so they can refer to it in the event they are selected for a phone interview.
- Marketing & Advertising
- Information Technology & Services
- Computer Software
- Quality Assurance
- Information Technology