Hyde Park Investment Service
Hyde Park Investment Services (HPIS) is an investment research, M&A, LBO, business and data analytics services company for buy-side clients, such as private equity firms, strategic buyers, family offices, search funds, and other investors, as well as their portfolio companies and subsidiaries. We have a track record of over 10 years and $14 billion in closed transactions, as well as vast project experience in multiple business sectors that include energy, healthcare, industrial manufacturing, business services, software and IT, construction, real estate, and food & agriculture
About the internship
This internship is ideal for candidates interested in data science and analytics careers. Our program is an opportunity to see how dynamic data are collected, processed, stored, and analyzed. Interns get exposure to data analytics projects under the supervision of experienced professionals and develop practical skills for their future careers. Interns collaborate with members of our team and receive meaningful feedback and guidance but are encouraged and expected to be independent and proactive. In addition, interns receive supervised training that builds the foundation of professional skills for their career.
• Gather and compile data from primary and secondary sources, conduct data cleansing, mapping, formatting, and other related functions, review and validate data for accuracy;
• Conduct analysis to identify patterns, trends, and descriptive metrics; visualize data and analytical findings, prepare executive memos and analytical reports;
• Develop, maintain, and update data collection / data mining systems;
• Create business intelligence dashboards, visualizations, and analytical reports;
• Review data insights with senior management and develop actionable business or investment recommendations.
• Enrolled in or graduated from a bachelor’s or master’s program with a focus on data science, analytics or a related field, or another program with demonstrated ability in the data science field;
• Proficient in at least one and familiar with more than one data application (Tableau, Power BI, etc.) and programming languages (R, Python, etc.);
• Strong communication skills, including verbal and written English;
• Excellent research and analytical skills, problem solving attitude and ability;
• Desire to cultivate and contribute to a culture of learning, integrity, and entrepreneurship.
• The internship is unpaid
• Location: New York City, Boston, Los Angeles
• The internship is available onsite, but can also be done remotely