Website Internet Brands
Internet Brands is looking for a Data Scientist Intern to join our Los Angeles-based headquarters. As a Data Scientist Inter, you will help us discover the information hidden in vast amounts of data, and help us make smarter decisions to deliver even better products and services. Your primary focus will be in applying data mining techniques, doing statistical analysis, and building high quality analytical and prediction systems integrated with our products. Examples projects include optimization of lead generation systems using machine learning techniques and building recommendation systems for personalized user content. Some of the brands/verticals you will work on are WebMD, Medscape, and Legal.
- Selecting features, building and optimizing classifiers using machine learning techniques.
- Data mining using state-of-the-art methods.
- Extending the company’s data with third-party sources of information when needed.
- Enhancing data collection procedures to include information that is relevant for building analytic systems.
- Processing, cleansing, and verifying the integrity of data used for analysis.
- Doing ad-hoc analysis and presenting results in a clear manner.
- Creating automated machine learning-based systems and constant tracking of its performance.
Skills And Qualifications
- Excellent understanding of machine learning techniques and algorithms, such as k-NN, Naive Bayes, SVM, Decision Forests, etc.
- Experience with common data science toolkits, such as R, Scikit-learn, NumPy, Tensorflow.
Excellence in at least one of these is highly desirable:
- Great communication skills.
- Experience with data visualization tools, such as D3.js, GGplot, etc.
- Proficiency in using query languages such as SQL.
- Experience with NoSQL databases.
- Good applied statistics skills, such as distributions, statistical testing, regression, etc.
- Good scripting and programming skills in Python or Java.
- Data-oriented personality.
- B.S. in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Information Science, Mathematics, Statistics, Electrical Engineering, Physics or related fields.
- M.S. or PhD in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Information Science, Mathematics, Statistics, Electrical Engineering, Physics or related fields.
About Internet Brands
Headquartered in El Segundo, Calif., Internet Brands® is a fully integrated online media and software services organization focused on four high-value vertical categories: Health, Automotive, Legal, and Home/Travel. The company’s award-winning consumer websites lead their categories and serve more than 250 million monthly visitors, while a full range of web presence offerings has established deep, long-term relationships with SMB and enterprise clients. Internet Brands’ powerful, proprietary operating platform provides the flexibility and scalability to fuel the company’s continued growth. Internet Brands is a portfolio company of KKR and Temasek. For more information, please visit www.internetbrands.com.
Internet Brands and its wholly-owned affiliates are an equal opportunity employer.