Website Northwestern Mutual
At Northwestern Mutual, we are strong, innovative and growing. We invest in our people. We care and make a positive difference.
Internship Program Overview
Students participate in the intern program at Northwestern Mutual. Program objectives provide the student with hands-on experience through teamwork and collaboration, as well as individual work assignments. Interns participate in a wide range of learning and development activities including job shadows, attending various speaking engagements and events designed to expose interns to multiple areas of the firm. Interns also have an opportunity to network with senior leaders across the firm, attend various social and work-sponsored events and are also encouraged to engage in team volunteer opportunities within the community.
Who We Are
Data Science and Analytics plays a key role in the Core Data and Analytics (CDA) organization. We leverage data to provide key insights, business intelligence and data science products that advance NM’s strategic priorities.
Role And Responsibilities
As a Data Science Intern, you will be a part of team that delivers quantitative and qualitative data analysis. Be able to apply and integrate advanced statistical, mathematical, data mining, predictive modeling, and business analysis to discover and identify new insights. Advance the work by helping to turn those insights into actionable outcomes. Through team exposure and interaction with business clients, you will be able to influence others by telling a story through data. Visualizing recommendations for forecasts, metrics, and complex data sets.
Responsibilities Include But Are Not Limited To
- Develop solutions to support analytic insights using mathematical models, algorithms, machine learning techniques and robust analytics
- Apply analytical and business knowledge in real-world setting to solve complex problems
- Access, gather, and analyze data from multiple internal and external sources
- Apply creative problem solving to address data and information needs
- Produce actionable visualizations that identify areas of improvement and displays root cause analysis of problems
- Present findings in a professional manner to leaders in the organization
- Junior or Senior pursuing a Bachelor’s degree, Master’s Degree candidates or PhD candidates in Data Science, Mathematics, Statistics, Computer Science, or related field
- Minimum 3.0 GPA
- Experience with scripting languages such as Python, Java, SQL, or R
- Passion for problem solving, research, quantitative analysis, and analytical working techniques
- Extremely organized with high attention to details.
Build a strong career foundation with a best-in-class company that puts our client’s interests at the center of all we do. Get started now!
We are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age or status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristic protected by law.