Website Silicon Labs
More About Silicon Labs:
We are Silicon Labs. We are the leading provider of silicon, software and solutions for a smarter, more connected world.
We hire the most innovative talent in the world to solve the industry’s toughest problems, providing our customers with significant advantages in performance, energy savings, connectivity and design simplicity. Silicon Labs’ software and mixed signal engineering teams create solutions for customers in diverse markets including the Internet of Things, (IoT), internet infrastructure, TV tuners, as well as automotive and consumer radios. Our solutions are in products from the market leaders in home automation, electric vehicles, green technology, smart TVs and home voice control automation. We take pride in our products and in our people, and that’s one of the many reasons we continue to be awarded Most Respected Public Semiconductor Company by the Global Semiconductor Alliance.
As a Silicon Labs Data Science Intern, you will help develop insights, strategy, and data visualizations for marketing the industry’s leading products in IoT and Infrastructure and Automotive (I&A) all while being mentored and closely guided by the best operations experts who have a vested interest in your success. And don’t worry, you’ll still have plenty of opportunities to learn, network, and develop new skills through our social events, development lectures, and volunteer opportunities.
Excited? See what it’s like to be a part of the Silicon Labs Team
What You’ll Do
Projects are specifically tailored to each intern, ensuring a meaningful contribution to both your skillset and Silicon Labs. Here are just a few of the challenges you might get to tackle:
- Develop and implement databases, data collection systems, data analytics visualizations and other strategies that optimize statistical efficiency and quality.
- Collaborate with our Marketing and IT business intelligence team to drive analytics, give updates to the business, and gain a deeper understanding of our development process.
- Understand our tool integrations that bring data into a central location for analysis and help optimize.
- Work on ad-hoc analysis of customer engagement, buyer’s journey’s, and campaigns to provide deeper insights.
Learn more about the I&A (Timing, Isolation, Power) products and IoT (Wireless, MCU, Sensors) products you’ll have exposure to.
Who You Are
You are an innovator, builder, and tinkerer. You have a curious mind and a drive to succeed. You want to work with a global team of technology enthusiasts and design pioneers. Here’s what you need:
- Completion of 2+ years of study
- Enrollment in BS/MS Information Systems, Marketing, Computer Science, or Statistics
- Any coursework or internship experience in the follow areas will be considered a plus:
- Experience with Microsoft Power BI or Tableau
- Familiarity with Mark-Ops tools, Adobe Analytics, Marketo, Salesforce
- Interaction with data sources and working with data lakes
- Knowledgeable use of Excel and Pivot Tables for analysis
What’s in a World-Class Internship?
Take It From Our Previous Interns
Apply what you’ve learned in school to build technology that solves some of the planet’s most significant challenges. You will join a community of fellow interns and alumni who engage and empower your excellence.
“I enjoyed my internship because of the projects I worked on, my manager and fellow interns, and the company culture. These 3 aspects all contributed to a well-rounded internship experience, and I was excited to show up to work every morning!” – 2018 Marketing Intern
“I learned so much about technical marketing and the skills needed to be successful. I greatly enjoyed working in a positive, relaxed, yet professional environment full of extremely smart people. I loved working on a small team and immersing myself into the team.” – 2017 Marketing Intern
Curious for more feedback? Check out our Glassdoor (bit.ly/SilabsGlassdoor)
bit.ly/SilabsURà Discover why we attract the best and brightest!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.