Data Security Internship
At RingCentral we call our interns RingTerns because, by the end of your 10-week program, you’ll know our culture inside and out. Why is that important? Our culture is what makes RingCentral unique, a place where winning together in a dynamic, highly collaborative environment is what makes us different (and, we like to think, better).
If you are interested in an internship here, chances are you have some relevant skills and are interested in working for a rapidly growing, cloud-based software and communications company. We can teach you the RingCentral-way what we can’t teach are drive and a passion to succeed.
Here are a few reasons to consider being a RingTern at RingCentral:
- You have a competitive edge and like to win . Here, you’ll compete for prizes with individual elevator pitches, team product challenges, off-site excursions and company events. We call it collaborative competition and it’s a great way to experience the way we work.
- Hyper-growth, for you and your career. RingCentral is growing at an annual rate of 30%. Every year. So now is a great time to join us. It also means there are lots of interesting, real-world challenges to help us solve.
- Mentors who are in it for you. Our mentors will work with you to help you grow and achieve your goals. No micro-management and no busy-work. The goal is to help you problem-solve and succeed independently.
So, join RingCentral as an intern this summer and discover what it feels like to win together.
Early Intern Application Deadline is November 9,2020
Final Intern Application Deadline: December 1, 2020
Job Description Summary
Our mission is to protect high value data across the diverse and complex data environments at RingCentral. You should be someone who is excited by the explosion of advancements occurring in both the security and data. RingCentral maintains the vision that data analytics should be built to help the organization make better decisions by providing the right data at the right time. As a member of the team, creative thinking, a solid work ethic, and a passion for developing and delivering great solutions are a must.
- Develop, monitor, and report on platform and service metrics
- Design and delivery execution of stand-alone and distributed applications across the entire stack that enable data security.
- Design and integration of tools that enable identification of data that is insecurely stored and enable developers to identify data security pitfalls.
- Ingest and enrich data from various sources and make it available for analytics.
- Design and develop dashboards that enable 360 view of data security posture.
- Aggregate information from various data security streams and provides state-of-the-art metrics that are transparent, reliable and reflect ground-reality of the various data security controls.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or other related field or equivalent work experience
- Solid written and verbal communication skills
- Critical thinking and problem-solving abilities
- Understanding of REST-oriented APIs, understanding of distributed systems, data streaming, NoSQL.
- Stream Processing ecosystem (e.g. Kafka, Storm, Kinesis)
- Attention to detail in a well-controlled environment
- Knowledge of message logging (Splunk, Syslog, ELK)
- Knowledge of scripting and automation (Jenkins, Git, Python)
- Knowledge of various programming languages
- Good understanding of basic statics and Machine Learning technique
- Tableau experience is plus
- Familiarity with highly-available architectures and technologies
- Familiarity with various networking protocols
- Familiarity with regular expressions
Learning Skills / Outcome
- Bigdata concepts
- Python with data applications
- How to detect anomalies
- Building Data Pipeline (Realtime, ETL)
- Efficient SQL
- Full-time or Part-time internship [10-week internship]
- Must be available to start either January 26,2021
Visit the links below to know more about the company, internships and job openings:
About RingCentral – RingCentral’s Website
Openings – Job & Internship webpage
RingCentral is the worldwide leader in cloud-based communications. Our software communications platform delivers phone, group chat, mobile communications, video calls, videoconference, contact center and AI-driven digital engagement. It’s a powerful, global presence that allows businesses to communicate anywhere, anytime with anyone.
RingCentral is headquartered in Belmont, California and has offices around the world.
RingCentral is an equal opportunity employer that truly values diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.