Who We Are
AMOpportunities connects healthcare students globally to U.S. clinical training experiences. The worldwide shortages in healthcare necessitate a model for learning, training, and working anywhere. Our platform provides students on-demand clinical experiences with concierge services such as visa and housing support. AMO has hosted more than 3,000 international medical students and graduates in 200+ clinical sites across the country. AMOpportunities grows every year, forming partnerships with academic institutions globally and connecting them to our partnered hospitals. We are paving the way for the future of healthcare education, breaking down not just borders but the traditional model of clinical education.
At AMOpportunities, we partner with trainees and educators to shape a world where an individual with a dream can learn anywhere, train anywhere, and work anywhere.
We believe in a future where all people have equal access to education, training, and career opportunities regardless of national origin, belief, or identity. We strive to create this future by empowering connections that transcend borders and increase educational equity.
About The Position
The Design Intern will focus on transforming information into visually engaging designs. This position is a balance of creative thinking, functional information design (we have an international audience), and brand continuity management. This position will be responsible for creating general brand materials, social media posts, event collateral, and presentations.
- Please submit your portfolio electronically when you submit your application and include professional and/or student work. We are more interested in your potential and understanding of designing within a brand standard than how many clients you’ve had.
- Collaborate with the Marketing Team to complete projects as well as revise existing collateral and ensure files are saved appropriately
- Design and edit within existing templates or create new designs
- Assist in creating in-house collateral which could include but is not limited to posters, fliers (both digital and printed), web collateral (icons, photo selections) and corporate material
- Other duties as assigned
- Be able to take constructive criticism and be willing to grow as a designer
- Be able to translate stakeholder needs into the designs they are looking for
- Possess a strong work ethic
- Upbeat, driven, intelligent, well-organized, and articulate
- Thrive in a fun, fast-paced startup environment
- Represent the current team professionally and ethically
- Be adaptable to change in the workplace and use change as an opportunity for innovation and creativity
- Demonstrate an understanding of customer service regarding accommodation, politeness, helpfulness, trust-building, appropriate boundaries, and flexibility over phone, email, text and live chat platforms
- Maintain relationships with partners/customers through various forms of communication
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple tasks and projects while working in a results-oriented environment
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively across different departments
- Motivated self-starter; ability to learn independently and achieve goals without daily supervision
- Strong research and analytical skills, detail-oriented, and ability to prioritize effectively multi-task and meet deadlines
- Takes ownership of problems, can brainstorm different problem resolution paths, uses sound judgment in selecting solutions to problems, and demonstrates consistent follow-through
- Understanding of healthcare and medical education terminology
- Excellent written, grammatical, and oral communication skills
- Proficient in Adobe Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator, and overall Adobe Creative Cloud
- Proficient in Microsoft Office products including Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Experience working with WordPress a plus
Education And Experience
- A Bachelor of Arts degree or pursuing a B.A. degree in Design, Fine Arts, Marketing, Advertising, or related field
- Advanced working knowledge and experience in Adobe Creative Cloud, particularly Illustrator, InDesign, and Photoshop
- Proven experience working in PowerPoint/Keynote
- Previous experience in the healthcare or educational fields is a plus
- Administrative healthcare knowledge
- Experience managing multiple tasks
- Experience working in a fast-paced startup environment
What You Gain
- Competitive salary
- A mission-driven work environment committed to a spirit of support, growth, and achievement
- Performance-based career growth opportunities
Equal Opportunity Employer
At AMOpportunities we are deeply committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing our employees a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. We strictly prohibit discrimination and harassment based on disability, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy status (including childbirth and related states), sexual orientation, race, color, social or ethnic origin, religion, age, HIV status, past/present military service, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.