As a Design Specialist, you will assist the development of Risland Homes’ single-family-home architectural designs from concept to construction drawings.
You will interact with the Company’s homebuilding and project managers, corporate support staff and outside professionals to create and manage a portfolio of plans to be built in neighborhoods in North Texas.
Primary Responsibilities Include:
– Drawing concepts based on product requirements related to: intended customer segment, construction cost target, architectural theme, material requirements, and neighborhood specific design criteria.
– Identifying, engaging and managing outside architectural and engineering professionals for the development of schematic, design development, and construction drawings.
– Working with the Company’s Purchasing and Construction staff to maintain architectural plans, specifications, and options.
– Ensuring that architectural design work is completed on time and adheres to established specifications and standards
Employment & Educational Requirements:
– A college degree in Architecture or similar field
– Previous experience in architectural firms or design department of single family/townhome construction companies preferred
– Proficiency in AutoCAD, SketchUp, MS Project and Excel preferred
– Ability to work independently and thrive in an environment that offers a certain degree of creativity and latitude
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: $15.00 to $19.00 / hour