About The Team
Join our industry-leading Economic Research team bringing innovative analysis, creativity and excellence to the U.S. housing market. We create, productionalize, analyze, and share a full suite of housing data products and analysis for an audience inside and outside of Zillow. Our work contextualizes Zillow’s unparalleled living database of all homes and hundreds of millions of customers to provide insight to everyday consumers and open data to hundreds of researchers and policymakers across the country. You’ll work in an informal, fun, collaborative atmosphere with a dynamic team with a diverse range of interests and skills.
Learn more about what we are doing at https://www.zillow.com/research
About The Role
Zillow Group’s Economic Research team is looking for an experienced and forward-thinking Economic Data Analyst Intern who has a passion for applying creative economic thinking to understanding housing trends, their impacts, and communicating them to a variety of stakeholders.
Do you have a knack for leveraging data and economic insight to answer timely, real-world questions? Do you love engaging with the current events and believe that economics must be applied to address people’s real questions and concerns? If so, this position could be an excellent fit!
In This Role, You Will
- Utilize data to understand trends in housing market activity and surface novel and meaningful insights for internal and external audiences.
- Examine housing’s unique position at the confluence of a number of broader economic and socioeconomic fields — jobs markets, demographics, education, immigration etc — and analyze how changes in one influence changes in the others.
- Apply housing data to evaluate and better understand public policy.
- Create novel measurements or metrics to understand real estate trends regionally and/or over time.
Who you are
- In a master’s program in economics, statistics, public policy or similar, with a graduation date between December 2021 and Summer 2022.
- Experience in a fast paced environment applying insights from big data to real world problems.
- Knowledge of econometrics, multivariate statistics, and economic theory.
- Proficient in R or Python. SQL and Tableau experience a plus.
- Record of applied research – published or unpublished – and the ability to independently plan and execute research projects
- Detail-oriented, analytical, and accurate.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively on projects.
- Insatiable intellectual curiosity.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Get to know us
Zillow is the leading real estate and rental marketplace dedicated to empowering consumers with data, inspiration and knowledge around the place they call home, and connecting them with the best local professionals who can help. Zillow is part of Zillow Group, whose mission is to build the largest, most trusted and vibrant home-related marketplace in the world.
At Zillow Group, we’re powered by our inclusive work culture, where everyone has the support and resources to do the best work of their careers. Our efforts to streamline the real estate transaction is supported by our passion to empower people and enrich lives around everything home, a deep-rooted culture of innovation, a fundamental commitment to Equity and Belonging, and world-class benefits. But, don’t just take our word for it. Read our reviews on Glassdoor and recent recognition from multiple organizations, including: Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For (#69), Fortune Best Workplaces for Diversity (#38), Fortune Best Workplaces for Parents (#31), Fortune Best Workplaces for Women (#20), Fatherly’s Best Workplaces for New Dads (#37), JUST Capital 100 Company (#69), Bloomberg Gender Equality Index constituent.
Zillow Group is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.