At Marvin, we make windows and doors inspired by how you live so you’re inspired to live well. We are driven by the momentum of four generations of innovation and excellence to imagine and create better ways of living. Our business reaches across the nation and our products are represented around the world. With our commitment to our local communities and to providing innovative solutions using new technology, we are always looking for ways to move our people, as well as our business, forward.
As a Process Engineering Intern, you will be responsible for supporting the production department by providing process, design, quality, and layout improvement ideas. This position is responsible for working with others to establish quality systems that will minimize costs and create future, more efficient, processes. This individual is encouraged to develop daily goals/strategies and ensure all equipment is running effectively and efficiently.
- Assist with quality assurance and improvement, employee productivity, project developments, and production forecasting.
- Assist with efficiency and cost reduction efforts and implementing process development and process improvement projects.
- Assist with new product development, process flow development, and will troubleshoot and problem solve as needed.
- Provide feedback to supervisors on process improvement statuses–and also– track, measure, and report productivity reports.
- High School Diploma/GED required. Two-years, college level courses, completed in Engineering. Courses related to manufacturing processes and statistics courses are helpful.
- Computer Skills: knowledge in MS Office, AutoCAD, and MS Project is highly desired.
Accommodations may be made (whenever reasonably possible) to enable an individual with a disability to perform the essential functions of his/her position.
This job posting is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities responsibilities required of the employee.