Website Precision Castparts
United States of America
SRI – Ceramics
Precision Castparts Corp. (PCC) is a leading worldwide, diversified manufacturer of complex metal components and products. It serves the aerospace, power, and general industrial markets. PCC is the market leader in manufacturing large, complex structural investment castings, airfoil castings, and forged components used in jet aircraft engines and industrial gas turbines. The Company is also a leading producer of highly engineered, critical fasteners for aerospace and other general industrial markets, manufactures extruded seamless pipe, fittings, forgings, and clad products for power generation and oil & gas applications, and supplies metal alloys and other materials to the casting and forging industries. PCC is a high quality business with dominant positions in most segments of the markets in which it serves.
Headquartered in Portland, Oregon, this over 10 billion dollar company employs more than 29,500 people worldwide. PCC has over 160 plants and has a presence in twenty-six states in the US and in over a dozen countries. PCC is relentless in its dedication to being a high-quality, low-cost and on-time producer; delivering the highest value to its customers and shareholders while continually pursuing strategic, profitable growth.
Effective early February 2016, Berkshire Hathaway, led by chairman and CEO Warren E. Buffet, acquired Precision Castparts Corp.
PCC Airfoils, LLC, headquartered in Greater Cleveland, Ohio, is a world leader in the fast-paced, high-tech industry of investment casting. Each of the sixteen (16) Airfoils’ locations play an integral part in the manufacture of blades, vanes and components for use in gas turbine engines. PCC’s parts are found on virtually all commercial & military aircraft, as well as, industrial gas turbine applications in the free world. Our product plays a significant role in the evolution of the light-weight, fuel-efficient engines of the next generation.
The Airfoils Division is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Precision Castparts Corp. and was acquired by Berkshire Hathaway in February 2016. The company currently has an overall sales volume of over $10 Billion, employing in excess of 30,000 individuals throughout 130 locations in the U.S. and worldwide. PCC is seeking individuals with high personal and professional standards who will thrive in a fast-paced, goal oriented work environment.
The Ceramics Group segment of PCC Airfoils and consists of three manufacturing locations – Wickliffe, Ohio, which also serves as Ceramics headquarters, Cleveland, Ohio, and Sanford, NC. The Ceramics Group operations supply ceramic cores and proprietary custom blended ceramic particulate systems used in the manufacturing of the investment castings. Products and systems manufactured in these operations include: custom blended ceramic shell systems, injection molded silica and alumina cores for investment cast airfoils, slurry cast cores for land-based turbine casting applications and ceramic extrusions. The operations are expanding due to sales volume increase and this provides unique opportunities for career growth and development. The co-op student will be working on job assignments related to their functional engineering discipline. These increasingly challenging assignments will provide foremost an effective learning assignment and then a sound intellectual and/or financial return for the PCC organization.
- The student will apply principles that he or she has learned in school to hands-on situations, such as process and product design and improvement.
- The student will be responsible for accomplishing performance goals and will receive progressive responsibility in process and/or product engineering throughout his/her co-op experience.
- Will identify and recommend process improvements for specified projects.
- Student will attend regular departmental meeting.
- Student will attend training sessions, symposiums and other appropriate educational opportunities.
- Will perform or review systems analysis, testing and documentation for existing processes.
- Will take ownership and responsibility for identified projects.
- Participate on project teams for assigned projects; analyze improvements and new product or applications and develop requirements and specifications with team.
- Work within specifications provided to meet project goals and objectives in a timely and accurate manner.
- Participate with peers, project team members and other departments on new product development, product line extensions and product enhancements.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Full-time student pursing a Bachelor’s Degree in Materials, Mechanical or Aeronautical Engineering
- Must have a minimum grade point average of 3.0 or higher
Knowledgeable, articulate, diplomatic, credible, quick on his or her feet, tough minded, with strong engineering skills. The ideal candidate also needs to be a change agent and an intuitive, forward thinking, hands-on person who knows how to gather and integrate information quickly. He or she will also need to be a champion of using advanced statistical processes that will keep the organization focused on enhancing casting quality with state of the art practices and procedures.
- Knowledge of related engineering discipline functional and technical skills
- Proficient with Microsoft Excel and Access
- Good writing skills and interpersonal skills
- Customer Service Knowledge