Website Ducommun Incorporated
Engineering Sales Intern
Ducommun is searching for a strong hands on and pro-active individual to seek out new markets and new opportunities to develop and create the lightening protection solutions for wind turbine blades. This individual is key to the identification of new opportunities. They will assist in the development of winning proposals and taught how to manage key customers to secure new business. The person in this role will work alongside WSU Ventures (Wichita State University) to further refine the licensed technology and will represent LDS/Ducommun on the SAE- A2 Lightning Committee.
This role will assist Ducommun’s lightning protection solutions in three key ways.
Build the Brand and Recognition
- Identify current and future customer base
- Establish personal rapport with potential and actual customers
- Ability to gain customer acceptance by explaining or demonstrating cost reductions and operations improvements
- Seek new professional relationships and opportunities
Building interest in Ducommun’s lightning protection solutions business for wind turbine blades
- Demonstrate the value of our technology to prospective clients and convey the value our technology has delivered to other customers through in depth knowledge of use in other cases and their stories.
- Build and deliver demonstrations of our product using data, innovation, and case relevance to show how we can be a solutions to prospective client’s problems.
Build Solutions within Ducommun
- Be the primary builder and innovator of lightening protection solutions for our wind turbine business.
- Develop and stay abreast of adjacent technologies in the aerospace industry
- Knowledge of competing designs and their respective strengths and weaknesses
- Ability to communicate the capabilities of Ducommun’s technology in great depth
- Research and prepare market analysis with addressable market, segmentation by customer, and by geographic region
- Development of business and product strategies including defining the value proposition and product differentiation
- Research and identify key markets and market opportunities and once identified develop strategies to win business
- Identify potential customers and develop contacts and relationships
- Assist in the preparation of proposals to communicate the sales proposition and value of the product and services
- Understanding of the competitive landscape and competitors strategies
- Observe and develop ideas for Technical Solutions for lightning protection
Skills & Qualifications
- BS in Engineering, preferably electrical engineering
- Interest in lightning protection/HIRF a plus
- Ability and initiative to develop new applications that are complex in nature and require the utilization of resources across the entire organization
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work in cross functional teams
- Utilization of market research tools and data bases
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram form