2020 FALL PR INTERN (Begins August 2020)
Do you want to intern for a rapidly growing, fast-paced global professional services firm with countless opportunities for progression?
At Sikich, we believe in empowering our interns.
Sikich LLP www.sikich.com is a global company specializing in technology enabled-professional services. With employees across the nation, Sikich draws on a diverse portfolio of technology solutions to deliver transformative digital strategies. Our dynamic environment attracts top-notch employees who enjoy being at the cutting edge and seeing every day how their work makes a difference.
Sikich is seeking an intern to provide support for our Public Relations practice, which works with external business-to-business and business-to-consumer clients. Ideal candidates will be pursuing a bachelor’s degree in advertising or journalism or a have a degree in one of these areas.
Watch this video to hear what people have to say about Sikich.
Our Interns are highly motivated self-starters with a passion for education and growth. Our team members are nimble and have experience working with clients of varying sizes within many industries. We equip interns with digital solutions that enable them to be consultative in their role at Sikich. Additionally, our team shares projects and resources across offices through our cloud-based solutions that allow us to collaborate globally.
Primary Job Responsibilities
(Performed under the supervision of a senior team member)
- Brainstorm ideas to help launch new products and services
- Participate in team meetings to discuss client initiatives
- Develop and maintain media and influencer lists
- Write and edit news releases and bylined articles
- Review editorial calendars and incoming reporter/influencer inquiries for potential client opportunities
- Brainstorm story angles to bring to reporters
- Develop pitches, contact reporters and follow up with them as appropriate
- Draft social media content for editorial calendars
- Assist with reports that detail each account team’s activities
- Monitor for and record media coverage
- Manage internal assignment deadlines
- Assist team in prepping for upcoming client calls or brainstorm sessions
- Work with team to prepare for new business presentations
- Research industry and social media trends, as well as internal PR research projects
- Enrolled in or completed an undergraduate program at a four-year college or university
- Preferred major or degree in Public Relations, Communications, Marketing, Advertising, Journalism
- Hours can be flexible to account for class schedule, but must be agreed upon in advance of start date and must be available to work at least four days each week.
- Ability to work collaboratively with a diverse team
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, strong newswriting skills
- Familiarity or willingness to learn Associated Press Style, Cision database, and Meltwater monitoring service
- Experienced in Microsoft Suite applications
- Must be authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship now or in the future
Visit our Glassdoor profile to learn more
Sikich LLP is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V