Nike Analytics encompasses multiple teams across the enterprise. As a Nike Data Science & Advanced Analytics intern, you will be responsible for assessing and analyzing data, building predictive models and delivering valuable insights to key stakeholders across the business. We want to make every Nike decision better because of data! Data Science interns will have the opportunity to work on one of the teams described below.
- Marketing Science:
The Marketing Science team is responsible for building and deepening a holistic view of Nike’s consumers through data and analytics and applying those insights to inform the development of incredible content & experiences for our consumers. We use consumer knowledge and marketing science to understand our consumers and what marketing channels, content and attributes resonate best with them, combining science with the art of Nike’s marketing.
- Consumer Data Science:
The Consumer Data Science team applies consumer insights to personalize and optimize incredible digital services and experiences for our consumers. As a CDS intern, you will be responsible for helping us build the next generation of personalized experiences that power many of our digital channels delivering direct and unbreakable relationships with hundreds of millions of our customers.
- Nike Direct Analytics:
The Nike Direct Analytics teams are responsible for supporting the strategic decision-making of Nike Direct leadership. We provide holistic, omnichannel, consumer-centric analytics and insights, utilizing data from across our ecosystem and supporting initiatives that span global, geo, and functional teams to drive business growth.
- Global Sourcing & Manufacturing Analytics:
Global Souring & Manufacturing teams dream up new ways to make better-performing products faster and more efficiently. This world-class team challenges assumptions about how our products are made and leads the company in pursuing ambitious sustainability goals — all while producing Nike’s rich mix of product. Manufacturing and Engineering works closely with design teams, categories, manufacturing partners, material suppliers and logistics providers across more than 40 countries on six continents. They navigate complex geopolitics with multiple supply chains and diverse ecosystems while remaining focused on manufacturing, materials, sustainability and product quality.
- Demand & Supply Management Analytics:
Consumer demand is Nike demand. We’ll get the right product into the hands of the consumer faster through end-to-end demand and supply management fueled by consistent data and advanced analytics. We’ll drive marketplace health and mutual profitability by delivering insights to help our business partners manage supply and inventory investments and drive to a better forecast of demand in the marketplace.
- Global Operations & Logistics Analytics:
Nike’s Operations team ensures that every year over one billion pieces of footwear, apparel and equipment arrive at the right destination on time across the globe. The complex process involves 60+ distribution nodes, thousands of accounts, and over 100,000 retail doors. The team constantly pushes to become faster, more efficient, more reliable, and more flexible, while minimizing its environmental impact, to support changing consumer needs.
What You Bring
- Pursuing an advanced degree in a quantitative discipline (e.g. Master’s or PhD studies in Analytics, Engineering, Economics, Finance, Computer Science, Statistics, etc.) with an expected graduation of Winter 2021 or Spring 2022
- Strong technical and analytical skillset required: experience with Microsoft BI, Tableau, SAS, Stata, R, Python, SQL, or Alteryx required; familiarity with Excel and PowerPoint preferred
- Core mathematical ability to understand, utilize and innovate on state-of-the art machine learning algorithms and/or statistical modeling
- Ability to project plan, lead, execute and deliver compelling and actionable user research in a face-paced environment, balancing rigor and speed
- Prior experience synthesizing and packaging complex analyses and delivering results to non-technical audiences including senior leadership teams
- Proven ability to use strategic tools and frameworks to analyze complex strategic problems, develop clear recommendations and present findings
- Proven ability to sift through data, identify critical information, develop hypotheses, perform rigorous analyses, and make recommendations to broader audiences
- Demonstrated ability to use data to influence decision making. Strong project management experience managing multiple project streams and complexity
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including superior presentation skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and open to learning new tools/techniques
- Passionate about Sport, Nike products and the consumer/retail industry
- 2+ years of experience in a role developing predictive or explanatory models and/or experimentation processes
- Experience with neural nets and deep architectures preferred
- Experience with moderate to large-scale data sets (>100GB) preferred
- Previous experience in working in a product management capacity for data science product
- Expertise in at least one production-quality programming languages (e.g. java, python, scala, C++)