KLA is a global leader in diversified electronics for the semiconductor manufacturing ecosystem. Virtually every electronic device in the world is produced using our technologies. No laptop, smartphone, wearable device, voice-controlled gadget, flexible screen, VR device or smart car would have made it into your hands without us. KLA invents systems and solutions for the manufacturing of wafers and reticles, integrated circuits, packaging, printed circuit boards and flat panel displays. The innovative ideas and devices that are advancing humanity all begin with inspiration, research and development. KLA focuses more than average on innovation and in 2019 we invested 15% of sales back into R&D. Our expert teams of physicists, engineers, data scientists and problem-solvers work together with the world’s leading technology providers to accelerate the delivery of tomorrow’s electronic devices. Life here is exciting and our teams thrive on tackling really hard problems. There is never a dull moment with us.
KLA’s Corporate Learning Center (CLC) is a valued asset and differentiator for the global company. The award-winning CLC is a key resource for training, facilitation, and coaching. The CLC’s mission to “Accelerate Performance Through Learning” is key to KLA’s strategic objective to Anticipate, Attract, Grow, and Inspire Talent. They deliver on this objective by: Providing learning and development that is a positive differentiator for Attraction Grow KLA’s Talent to be ahead of our needs and meet theirs Provide learning and development that is a positive differentiator for Engagement The CLC has facilitators, certified trainers and coaches, and a digital media team who execute its vision of “Everyone a Student, Everyone a Teacher” through a strategic focus on employee/manager driven development using both internal and external programs and resources. TRAINING Magazine has recognized the CLC’s work by naming it one of the top 10 training organizations in the world five years in a row, before inducting KLA into the TRAINING Hall of Fame, alongside Ritz-Carlton, IBM, Microsoft, and others.
KLA is looking for three high-energy and learned HR interns for some fulfilling projects this coming summer at our new second HQ location at Ann Arbor, Michigan!
Potential Project Topics Could Include The Following
Our interns deliver high quality analysis, problem solving and human capital management recommendations to HR and business leaders at KLA while participating in the execution of corporate level projects. The individuals in this role will assume responsibility for all or part of a major HR project in alignment with HR strategic and operational goals and will work with both the HR team to which they are assigned and the broader KLA HR community to complete the assigned project(s).
Diversity and Inclusion
- At KLA, we celebrate the diversity of our employees, customers, and partners. Strategically, we recognize the benefits of the collective wisdom of different backgrounds, experiences, and thought leadership to influence the company’s success. We are seeking a Diversity & Inclusion (D&I) Intern to help research and develop a plan for new D&I programmatic offerings such as a signature program (e.g. a program for people with disabilities or US military veterans) or new employee resource groups (ERGs).
Developing manager skills
- Hiring New College Graduates and growing them internally is a long term career development model for KLA. Using Korn Ferry’s Lominger competency model with internal customer feedback to build manager training and effective mentor relationships has succeeded in growing many generations of leaders at KLA. As KLA’s business evolves there is a growing need for developing manager skills for new roles. Our intern will identify and research the management skills needed for such jobs.
Career path for technical resources
- As a well-respected developer of semiconductor research talent, KLA has for long been an attractive destination for some of the best technical brains in the world. The HR Intern will help the engineering organizations stay current on trends for career growth and development, especially in flat, forward-thinking engineering organizations. They will provide recommendations on how KLA should articulate career expectations for new and existing employees, what skills it should develop in its different employee segments (emerging, mid-career, senior), how it should use career mobility to retain engineering top talent looking for growth, and how to lead their performance, goals and objectives within the Performance Management Program.
Future of work trends
- KLA’s world of semiconductor manufacturing is a place of constant technological advancement and the Covid crisis has upended work trends. KLA has carried out surveys within its employee population to gauge expectations and aspirations. The intern would help develop strategies to make KLA an attractive place to work by adopting technological, economic and sociological trends in the workforce and work habits. The intern will review emerging trends in talent management and assess their applicability in KLA’s culture and industry.
- KLA has an enviable mix of age, location and years of service demographics. New hires in Ann Arbor and Milpitas would benefit from mentorship by the more experienced KLA employees. The intern will look at rebuilding the existing mentorship program in a way that will appeal to current employees and potential hires.
Some College or work experience of 0 years
We offer a competitive, family friendly total rewards package. We design our programs to reflect our commitment to an inclusive environment, while ensuring we provide benefits that meet the diverse needs of our employees.
KLA is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status or any other status protected by applicable law. We will ensure that qualified individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to request accommodation.