Perdue AgriBusiness is part of Perdue Farms, a family-owned company heading into it’s second century of growth and innovation. An international agricultural products and services company, we handle agricultural commodities and have a diverse portfolio of products and businesses.
Perdue AgriBusiness has an opportunity for a Human Resources Intern at our office located in Salisbury, MD .
This Intern position will provide an opportunity for hands-on, real-world experience in Human Resources within Perdue AgriBusiness.
This position is responsible for helping to manage staffing levels, support the recruitment processing and/or transactional processing for the applicant/employee lifecycle in the HR database.
Support Recruitment Processing To Include
Principal and Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Acts as liason between Hiring Manager and Staffing Recruiter related to hiring decisions
- Conducts phone screens of potential candidates
- Conducts background checks and assessment testing on candidates
- Coordinate onboarding/hiring process
- Ensures all new hire paperwork requirements are consistently met
- Ensures all personnel activity of the associate is entered into the HRMS databases
BS degree in Business Administration, Human Resources or related field. In the absence of a degree, work experience may be considered.
- 0 – 2 years of related experience
- Knowledge and experience of HRMS
- Proven success in handling administrative responsibilities
- Demonstrated ability for accuracy, meeting deadlines, experience in multi-tasking and ability to work with minimum supervision
Environmental Factors and Physical Requirements
Position is mostly sedentary but may require occasional moving to other offices or buildings. May need to move light equipment or supplies from one place to another. May need to access files, supplies and equipment. Work activity is in an office, open-partitioned, cubicle environment.
Perdue Farms, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.