Website David Evans and Associates, Inc.
DEA’s Marine Services division is an award-winning leader in the field of hydrographic and geophysical surveying. DEA Marine Services is staffed by a highly experienced group of professional hydrographers, surveyors, engineers, and scientists with wide-ranging expertise in hydrography, oceanography, marine geology and geophysics, geodesy, and geospatial science. We are recognized as trusted advisors to our clients and take pride in our ability to develop innovative field programs and geospatial products to address the specific objectives of each project.
As a Hydrographic Survey Intern with our Marine Services division, your responsibilities will be diverse and will include frequent travel to remote and/or offshore project locations to support hydrographic and/or geophysical fieldwork. Fieldwork opportunities will include large-scale, offshore surveys aboard our custom 82’ survey vessel Blake or other large vessels in addition to smaller scale coastal, estuarine or riverine surveys with trailerable launches, watercraft, and/or remotely operated vehicles. When not in the field, you will be expected to contribute to our geospatial data processing and project deliverable production workflows.
Responsibilities Include But Are Not Limited To
- Under the direction of senior hydrographers, calibrate, operate, troubleshoot, and maintain hydrographic survey equipment including single beam, multibeam, and side scan sonar systems, positioning instruments and motion sensors, sound speed sensors, and other ancillary equipment such as sediment sampling devices and hydraulic systems.
- Under the direction of senior hydrographers, operate survey-related software for data acquisition, navigation and survey documentation
- Assist with in-field quality assurance, data management, and documentation activities
- Assist with in-field mobilization and demobilization of survey vessels and equipment
- Work in teams to analyze and process hydrographic data, prepare survey documentation, and produce high quality project deliverables
- Bachelors or Masters degree in Hydrographic Surveying
- Project experience as a Hydrographer
- Ability to travel and be on a boat offshore for up to 20 days at a time