First Republic Bank
At First Republic, we care about our people. Founded in 1985, we offer extraordinary client service in private banking, private business banking and private wealth management. We believe that personal connections are everything and our success is driven by the relationships we form with our colleagues and clients. You’ll always feel empowered and valued here.
Putting you first
As an intern, you will gain hands-on experience at a high-growth company that values its people. You’ll earn a competitive starting wage while absorbing a culture that emphasizes collaboration, entrepreneurial thinking and quick decision-making. Start doing the best work of your life here.
The Information Security team is looking for a self-motivated intern with an insatiable appetite to learn and a strong desire to pursue a career in Information Security. Our intern role will assist in further developing your professional skills in the field of Information Security and security analytics. You’ll have the opportunity to better understand the different facets of an effective Information Security Program, and gain practical experience as you work alongside security professionals in a highly regarded and respected bank. You will also be afforded the opportunity to showcase your creative writing skills, in efforts to facilitate materials for the Cyber Training Team.
This position will focus on data analytics, metrics, dashboards, frameworks and controls related to Information Security.
What you’ll do as an Information Security Training & Development Intern:
Training & Development
- Research the latest and greatest cybersecurity threats that are affecting or may affect the Bank and our clients.
- Write internal blogs and external postings about how to identify and stay safe from cybersecurity threats.
Information Security Data And Reporting
- Produce Information Security trend reports, dashboards, and scorecards, based on communicated requirements.
- Document data sources.
- Produce visual display of data for consumption by Information Security personnel.
Information Security Test Tracking
- Compile and track security testing activities.
- Document and archive test results.
- Coordinate with multiple groups to ensure testing communication.
Information Security Documentation
- Track Information Security documentation updates.
- Update Information Security process documents as instructed.
You could be a great fit if you have:
- Bachelor’s degree underway in Computer Science, Mathematics, Business, Accounting, Finance, or equivalent.
- A love for learning, especially about the latest cybersecurity news and intelligence.
- Strong and articulate communication skills including public speaking, presenting and writing.
- Microsoft Office Suite, Tableau, Database experience.
- Ability to provide quality deliverables on time and on budget.
- Must be able to review and analyze data reports and manuals; must be computer proficient.
- Must be able to communicate effectively via telephone and in person.
Own your work and your career – apply now
Are you willing to take initiative and make decisions? Are you willing to go the extra mile because you love what you do and how you can contribute as a team? Do you want the freedom to grow and the opportunity to take charge of your own career? If so, then come join us.
We want hard working team players. You’ll have the independence to learn, lead and drive change. A culture of extraordinary service, empowerment and stability – that’s the First Republic way. Come join us!
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as assigned to meet the ongoing needs of the organization. The Company is an equal opportunity employer. In this regard, the Company makes reasonable accommodations for qualified applicants and employees with disabilities in order to enable them to perform all essential job functions, unless doing so creates an undue hardship.
First Republic is subject to federal laws that restrict the employment of individuals with certain types of criminal histories, including FDIA Section 19 and FINRA. To the extent not inconsistent with our obligations under those federal laws and regulations, First Republic will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the Los Angeles and San Francisco ban-the-box laws.