Website Edward Jones
Headquarters Summer Internship Program:
During the 10-week program, our interns gain applicable knowledge for their future careers, as they work in partnership with Edward Jones associates. Individualized mentorship is provided to each intern to ensure their success. This is a unique opportunity to gain experience and industry knowledge through summer project work within the Information Systems Division, while also developing professionally through networking with peers, mentors and senior leaders at our Corporate Headquarters.
Information Systems (IS) Division Overview
You’ll push boundaries to deliver the technologies that power our business. Whether designing new applications or enhancing infrastructure, your work in Information Systems will have a meaningful impact for both our clients and the firm.
A culture of continuous learning and innovation, you’ll be empowered to bring new ideas forward and leverage emerging technologies as our business evolves. By building and evolving systems, creating industry-leading technology tools and implementing state-of-the-art security, you’ll discover better and more effective ways to support our branch teams and the clients they serve.
Opportunities to perform meaningful work in a supportive hands-on learning environment exist in the following areas:
- Business Software Development – placement may include experiences such as:
- Developing, maintaining and implementing business applications
- Leveraging industry-standard tools such as Linux, Eclipse, XCode, Jenkins, JUnit, Spring, Maven, Gradle and Sonar
- Structuring complex data into relational and NoSQL databases such as Oracle, MongoDB, Hadoop and DB2
- Quality Assurance – placement may include experiences such as:
- Interacting with the business and development teams to understand their testing needs to define and manage the test automation process
- Understanding of QA methodologies, life cycle and processes
- Creating, executing and maintaining new automated test cases using Selenium and Java
- Evolving more predictive and intelligent testing approaches based on automation and innovative testing products and solutions
- Information Security – placement may include experiences such as:
- Providing first level security monitoring and investigations to protect our systems from internal and external threats
- Assisting with forensics analysis and fact gathering
- Assisting with vulnerability assessments/scanning for specific applications, OS’s, services, networks and servers and appliances, as required
- Assisting with configuration and maintenance of information security tools (e.g. AV, SIEM, IPS, Firewalls, e-mail gateway protection, DLP, DBAM, NAC, Certificate Management, Encryption, Proxy technologies, Threat Intelligence, Case management, anti-malware, Network Security Monitoring, Anti-Phishing, etc.)
- User Center Excellence – placement may include experiences such as:
- Developing high fidelity mockups into fully functional Front-end
- Leveraging your experience with Front-end Frameworks such as React.js, Angular.js, etc.
Who Should Apply?
- Students with:
- A cumulative G.P.A. or 3.0 or above
- Junior or Senior standing with an anticipated graduation date of December 2021 or May 2022
- A preferred major for this opportunity, including, but not limited to:
- Computer Science/Computer Engineering
- Management/Information Systems
- Other-related Technical Degrees
- Candidates who:
- Drive to succeed and have an interest in the financial services industry
- Have excellent leadership, communication, teamwork and service skills
- Demonstrate leadership in campus organizations and activities
- Multitask and prioritize to ensure maximum productivity
- Utilize critical thinking to challenge current processes and seek opportunities to improve
- Are eligible to work in the U.S. without sponsorship
At Edward Jones, we help clients achieve their serious, long-term financial goals by understanding their needs and implementing tailored solutions. To ensure a personal client experience, we have located our 14,000+ branch offices where our more than 7 million clients live and work.
A typical branch office has one financial advisor who meets with clients face-to-face and one branch office administrator who enhances the team’s ability to build deep relationships with clients. Headquarters associates in St. Louis and Tempe provide support and expertise to help U.S. and Canada branch teams deliver an ideal client experience. Edward Jones currently has more branch offices than any other financial services firm, and we continue to grow to meet the needs of long-term individual investors.
Awards and Accolades
- For the 19th year, Edward Jones was named one of the “100 Best Companies to Work For®” by FORTUNE magazine in its annual listing. The firm ranked No. 5 overall. These 19 FORTUNE rankings include top 10 finishes for 15 years, top 5 rankings for eight years and consecutive No. 1 rankings in 2002 and 2003.
From FORTUNE Magazine, February 15, 2018 © 2018 Time Inc. Used under license. FORTUNE and Time Inc. are not affiliated with and do not endorse products or services of Edward Jones.
Missouri, St. Louis
Home based Associate?
Edward Jones does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, religion, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, pregnancy, veteran status, genetic information or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.