Website Winn-Marion Companies
IT Intern (Centennial, CO)
The IT Intern assists the IT department with maintaining and supporting the organization’s internal information technology systems. The IT Intern may assist the IT Specialist with installing, configuring, patching, and upgrading these systems as well as troubleshooting and repairing them as needed. The Intern will be introduced to the internal applications used by the company and will learn and be responsible for supporting the organization’s applications such as SharePoint Online (Office 365) or other tools, intranet and internet. This may include defining and documenting user requirements, programming, configuring, patching, and upgrading systems as well as troubleshooting and repairing them as needed.
The schedule is flexible depending on the candidate’s school schedule. The ideal and successful candidate may be converted to a full-time employee. This is a paid internship.
- High school graduate or GED equivalent from an accredited institution.
- Currently majoring in Computer Science/Information Technology and at least in 3rd year of degree program.
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite; knowledge of SharePoint is a plus.
- Must be proactive with a drive to find solutions.
- Ability to work with internal IT systems including application administration and file servers (including VM environments, desktop and laptop computers, productivity software including Microsoft Office applications, local networking and telecommunications systems, network printers, and domain user accounts/permissions).
- Proven ability to effectively interact with end-users in identifying and resolving technical issues.
- Demonstrated job competencies in task management, problem solving, and user support.
- Ability to multi-task across clients, industries, and technologies, while maintaining an appropriate level of professionalism and composure.
- Must be able to team well with others.
- Demonstrated excellent verbal and written communication skills.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Learn and maintain Winn-Marion’s technology systems, including core application administration.
- Develop site collections, sites, document libraries, lists and other components, and configure sharing permissions as required by the organization.
- Provide outstanding technical support to the business, its employees, and external partners.
- Day-to-day network and user administration, including configuration and deployment of computers, printers, and applications.
- Effectively work with outside technology vendors.
- Triage, repair and upgrade desktop and laptop PCs.
- Assist IT Supervisor to implement and administrate business software applications.
- Assist IT Supervisor to provide recommendations to the organization regarding hardware and software technologies.
- Perform other duties as required.
- Able to sit and work at computer keyboard for extended period.
- Able to perform general office administrative activities of copying, filing, and using the telephone.
- Able to lift and move up to 25 pounds on occasion.
- Maintain regular and on-time attendance.