Website FedEx Services
Company: FedEx Services
Job Title: Intern Customer Experience – Strategy and Analytics / Planning and Program Management
Job Requisition Number: RC278907
Memphis, Tennessee 38125
This is a 10-week assignment for students pursuing a college degree. Assignments are directly related to intern’s academic degree. Under direct Supervision, performs duties as assigned. Student participates in a number of Organized events providing visibility into the overall operations of FedEx.
This is a posting for several related assignments available within FedEx Customer Experience. This is a 10-week assignment for students pursuing a college degree. Assignments are directly related to intern’s academic degree. Under direct supervision, performs duties as assigned. Student participates in a number of organized events providing visibility into the overall operations of FedEx.
Full-time internship opportunity from June 2021 to August 2021. This position can be domiciled in the Memphis TN area.
Under close supervision, the successful candidate may assist with the following: project management, project planning, process mapping, data analysis, workflow documentation, learning design and development, packaging engineering support (testing and design), and report automation. The intern may assist with technology industry research, global business intelligence, and emerging trends analysis. The project may relate to a mobile app, geo-fencing, revenue systems and tools, or another initiative. The intern may assist with:
- Conducting data analytics, report development, and/or research.
- Interacting with business partners and/or staff to gather, design, and document software requirements matched to business needs.
- Documenting systems functions and business process flows.
- Assisting in the design/development of program content, program flow, writes scripts, develops storyboards to produce educational learning media.
- Provide engineering support in the functions of package material testing, package test procedure development, thermal testing, package design, and packaging consultation through direct customer contact.
Ideal candidates will possess some or all of the following skills and experience:
- Strong analytical/quantitative, project/program management, organizational, leadership, presentation, and verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks, set priorities and monitor ongoing results.
- Ability to synthesize big data (quantitative and qualitative); Report design/development.
- Knowledge or experience with one or more of the following: data analytics, forecasting/modeling, strategy planning, engineering planning, operations, economics, process mapping, database query creation, web development, project management, instructional systems design and development models as applied to computer-based instruction.
- Coursework or experience in global studies.
- Basic knowledge of one or more of the following: the software development process, systems applications and architecture, Query Languages, “R,” MATLAB, Python, C++, objective-C, SQL, Adobe Captivate, Adobe InDesign.
- Knowledge of PowerPoint, Keynote or Prezi and the Microsoft Office suite.
The Following Are Considered a Plus
- Enrollment as undergraduate at junior year or above or graduate student in Engineering, Industrial Engineering, Operations Engineering, Software Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Information Systems, Process Analysis, Systems Analysis and Design, Decision Science, Data Science, Statistics, Applied Statistics, Quality Improvement Analytics, Informatics, Mathematics, Business, Management, Finance, Accounting, Economics, Industrial Psychology, Communications, Education, Instructional Design, Behavioral Science, Graphic Arts, Packaging, or other related major.
- Ideally, plans to graduate within 12 months of completing the internship and begin full-time employment.
Resume Should Include The Following Information
- College address and permanent home address.
- Email address.
- Telephone number.
- The following regarding the degree you are currently pursuing:
- Name of college/university.
- Degree (For example, bachelor’s degree, master’s degree, or doctorate).
- Major and/or minor.
- Overall GPA.
- Major GPA.
- Date of intended graduation (Month and year).
This position can be domiciled in the Memphis, TN area or the Memphis, TN area.
Relocation assistance not available.
High School graduate or equivalent. Student has completed at least two years towards a college degree. Completion of a undergraduate degree or higher. OR Enrollment as undergraduate or graduate student in Engineering, Finance, Economics, Statistics, Math, Business Administration, Operations Research, Marketing Analysis, Computer Science, Computer Technology, Packaging Science, Information Systems, Education, Instructional Design, Behavioral Science, Psychology, Communications, Graphic Arts, or other related major.
FedEx Services is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetics disability, or protected Veteran status.
FedEx Services will make reasonable accommodations for the known physical or mental limitations of an otherwise qualified individual with a disability who is an applicant or an employee, unless undue hardship or a direct threat would result from the accommodation. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and/or to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, please contact email@example.com.