This is for a 12-week internship position from June – August 2021.
Biogen is looking for an intern to join our Data Science team in the Global Customer Data and Analytics Center of Excellence. As a member of the Data Science team, the intern will be tasked with weaving data together from across Biogen to help answer some of our biggest commercial questions. Utilizing the intern’s business knowledge, the intern will help move the company forward in our use of data and advanced applications of emerging technologies.
The intern will be working directly with teams across our Commercial organization, including but not limited to Market Research, Patient Services, Promotional Effectiveness, Digital Excellence and many others at a global and local level. The intern will work with these teams on some of our most complex questions in the organization.
An Ideal Candidate Will Exhibit The Following
- An exceptional team player and communicator who is able to remain productive and focused in a global, team-oriented, fast-paced environment
- An exceptional analytical thinker who is able to help organize and develop models to drive business initiatives
- Comfortable with deep involvement with problem definition, data exploration, data acquisition and visualization, evaluating and comparing metrics, deploying various models and iteratively improving solutions
- Able to communicate clearly and exceptionally about complex analytical tasks by producing concise and easily consumable presentations
- Excited about developing continuous improvements to push the organization towards new and improved ways to use data to improve business processes.
- Able to look for opportunities proactively to improve the business, outside of the specific questions asked
To participate in the Biogen Intern Program, students must meet the following eligibility criteria:
- Legal authorization to work in the U.S.
- Grade point average of 3.2 or higher preferred
- At least 18 years of age prior to the scheduled start date
- Be currently enrolled in an accredited college or university
- Strong analytical skills for effective problem solving.
- Experience with at least one Data Science languages (Python, R, etc.)
- Exceptional quantitative, statistical and computational skills
- A documented track record of continuous learning and improvement
- Ability to generate models that tell a story from complicated data
- Strong communication and the ability to clearly convey information both within the group and to external groups
- Experience and understanding of Machine Learning techniques
- Working knowledge of Relational Databases
Bachelors or Masters student with an analytics or data science background (such as computer science, engineering, or analytical science).
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.