Website Crate and Barrel
With over 100 locations and more than 7,000 associates nationwide, Crate and Barrel is America’s most exciting housewares specialty retailer. Become a part of our Search team in our Northbrook, Illinois corporate office that supports crateandbarrel.com and cb2.com. The key functions of this paid internship are copywriting and research. If you are committed to creating great customer experiences and have a passion for eCommerce, see what’s in store for you!
- Write clear, concise and grammatically correct copy that is consistent with brand voice and in-line with commonly used style guides.
- Use keyword research tools to identify, research and prioritize key traffic and revenue driving terms from which to write and optimize website copy.
- Use internal search tool to review and tune on-site search results to align with customer expectations. Also, make recommendations based on failed searches.
- Create, maintain and optimize profiles for local search and social media.
- Perform site audits identifying areas for clean-up, then take action on those tasks.
- Communicate results to various levels, including the management team, to encourage business decisions based on data.
- Collaborate with site merchants to prioritize search engine optimization for products, promotions and new site content.
- Possess a complete understanding of the purpose, vision and business plan of the eCommerce Department.
- Maintain an awareness of competitive information and key industry trends to provide context for our company websites performance.
- Promote a strong sense of teamwork by working effectively, respectfully and efficiently with all associates.
- Exhibit a positive attitude and enthusiasm toward the job and company to both internal and external customers in all forms of communication.
- Position is for immediate hire. Must be local and able to work up to 32 hours a week for approximately 6 months
- 0-1 years experience in copywriting, search engine optimization or internal search
- Pursuing Bachelor’s degree in a related field, students in senior year preferred
- Strong writing skills (English) and strong attention to detail
- Strong writers in all fields encouraged to apply
- Excellent problem solving skills, organizational and analytical skills
- Must be a self starter who is process oriented, eager to learn a new skill and has the ability to multi-task and meet deadlines
- Local applicants preferred
- Proficient with MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, Powerpoint) and Google platform
- Excellent interpersonal skills and strong communication skills
- Good reading, written and verbal language skills (English)
The job description and other aspects of the job listed on this job posting should not be construed to contain every function/responsibility that may be required to be performed by an associate in this job. Associates are required to perform other related functions as assigned.