Website Kellogg Company
As an Information Technology Intern, you will be part of a robust experience based on your education level, curriculum focus, as well as your technology and business competency and skillset. We offer not one but two potential work locations, depending on which department intrigues you most, Battle Creek, MI or Oak Brook, IL are calling your name! And did we mention we have plenty of snacks?
Teamwork is another key part of being an IT Intern and we hope you are ready to work as a team! In addition to your internship, you will be collaborating in pods of 2-5 interns to define a project, and project plan that will include milestones and deliverables for your team. This will be accomplished by leveraging available technologies that will allow you to solve real business situations. Not only will you gain valuable hands-on experience during the course of the internship, but you will also have an opportunity to interact with talented IT teams within our organization. Excited for what lies ahead? We are too.
HERE’S A TASTE OF WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING
- Let’s Get Technical – You will gain in depth understanding of how IT enables the Kellogg business not just in your specific internship but in your pod project as well.
- Collaborate With Us – Are you ready to gain hands-on technology experience to build your functional and competency level? As an intern, we strive to give you as much opportunity as possible to do so.
- Success, Shaped By You – You are given the chance to understand and evaluate customer needs, competitive landscape and technology trends to define a strategy. Pretty neat huh? You also will be in charge to gather, analyze, and prioritize inputs and synthesize them into business requirements that will drive the development of innovation.
- We Love Success – When it comes to our IT students, you will translate business priorities into actionable, clearly communicated milestones and deliverables.
- Your Seat at the Table – Our interns are the future of our organization and this is your opportunity to have your voice heard. You will be contributing meaningful work to the Kellogg business by leading your own projects and reporting out on key business solutions to execute leadership.
At the end of the IT summer internship program, the intern class will present their project to the IT organization and IT Senior Leadership Team at our office in Oak Brook, IL for a comprehensive wrap-up. And this is only the beginning!
Representative opportunities within the Information Technology department include the following:
- Demand and Enterprise Architecture – Opportunities include working on new collaboration technologies that can unlock higher potential across Kellogg’s global organization. These help shape how technology can be optimized and streamline business processes to enhance governance models that empower the organization to move with greater agility.
- Enterprise Program Management – Assisting in IT Projects as a project manager or project coordinator, which includes responsibility for planning, management, coordination and financial control of a project.
- Global Data, Analytics and Governance – Leveraging data, technology, and advanced analytics to project shipments, sales, marketplace consumption, or consumer response to promotions.
- Integrated Delivery and Sustainment – Design IT, Build IT, Run IT. From architecture to operations, infrastructure to applications to analytics, collaborate with global IT colleagues and our partners to build and sustain the Kellogg’s IT solutions and services that Power Possibility.
- Global Digital Strategy – Leveraging internal and external data to develop a resource Forecast model that allows IT to forecast annual external resource spend and skill demand for all third party labor.
- Security & Risk Management – Understanding how security enables the Kellogg business, exposure to emerging cyber threats, and the techniques to detect and respond to cyber-attacks.
YOUR RECIPE FOR SUCCESS
- Candidate must be currently enrolled at an accredited college or university, pursuing a Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Computer Science, Informatics, Management Information Systems, Business Administration, or a related analytical field
- Minimum of 3.0 GPA (cumulative)
- Analytical thinking /problem solving skills
- Ability to influence and actively collaborate with others
- Ability to set goals and meet deadlines
- Ability to think creatively and innovatively
- Strong computer skills in MS Office (Excel, SharePoint, PowerPoint)
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Self-motivated, enthusiastic, positive attitude and an owner’s mindset
- Leadership and interpersonal skills
- Previously demonstrated strong interest in technology
- Strong technical knowledge of software development methodologies, standards and coding best practices, as well as web development and/or enterprise databases.
- Basic knowledge and/or experience in any of the following; Java, .Net, HTML, CSS, SQL Servers, My SQL, SAP, Android Studio, Swift, Window Server, and/or UNIX/Linux
- Experience with scripting (Python, PowerShell, etc.)
- Basic knowledge and/or experience in any of the following; Java, .Net, SQL Servers, UNIX/Linux, Perimeter Security Systems
- Basic understanding of security vulnerabilities
- Basic understanding of information security frameworks (NIST, COBIT, ISO)
- Curious, self-starter
- Strategic thinking
- Broad understanding of technology trends and potential use cases
- Persuasive writing / communication skills
WHAT ELSE DO I NEED TO KNOW?
As part of the Kellogg Internship program, you will participate in a corporate onboarding orientation at our Kellogg World Headquarters in Battle Creek, Michigan (Cereal City, USA!). This event consists of executive exposure, previous intern panels, networking events, community activities and much more.
This paid internship requires a 12-week, full-time commitment starting May 2021. Relocation advising and sign-on bonus provided. This role is located in Battle Creek, MI or Oak Brook, IL and requires a 3-month commitment (May 10th- July 30th). The summer concludes with a Final Showcase event and presentation to functional leaders.
Please note – should the COVID-19 pandemic continue to impact the in-person work environment, our internship experience will be moved to a virtual platform for summer 2021.
What’s not to love? Apply today and find out what it’s like to #InternAtK!
Come join our Kellogg Family! It’s best to apply today, because job postings can be taken down and we wouldn’t want you to miss this opportunity. To learn more about what’s next, click on one of the links below:
- Kellogg K-Values
- Kellogg Stories and News
THE FINER PRINT
The ability to work a full shift, come to work on time, work overtime as needed and the ability to work according to the necessary schedule to meet job requirements with or without reasonable accommodation is an essential function of this position.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, disability, religion, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, sexual orientation, age, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Where required by state law and/or city ordinance; this employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each new employee’s Form I-9 to confirm work authorization. For additional information, please follow this Link.
Job Function: Information Technology