Website United Nations Foundation
The United Nations Foundation links the UN’s work with others around the world, mobilizing the energy and expertise of business and non-governmental organizations to help the UN tackle issues including climate change, global health, peace and security, women’s empowerment, poverty eradication, energy access, and U.S.-UN relations.
The intern will report to the Senior Associate of Development. She/he will work with other members of the Integrated Development team.
- Research prospective corporate, foundation, and individual donors, identify opportunities for engagement, and connect potential partners to UNF issue areas and priorities.
- Assist with carrying out research projects and developing briefing materials.
- Support the preparation of donor solicitations, including managing, segmenting, and updating donor lists.
- Contribute towards design fundraising appeals and developing templates for donor and partner communications.
- Conduct post-event follow-up with donors and partners.
- Assist with database management, conducting due diligence on potential partners, and identifying and implementing operational process improvements.
- Curate a library of fundraising and partnerships-related communications collateral.
- Provide project management and administrative support to support the Integrated Development Team.
- Candidate must be enrolled in a degree-granting program during the internship or must be a recent graduate (within 8 months of graduation) of a college or university. Between 16-24 hours per week is required for the internship.
- Demonstrated interest in international development and enthusiastic about fundraising, partnerships or donor engagement.
- Eager to learn, super attention to detail and ability to manage multiple tasks.
- Experience with MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint).
- Excellent research and written communications skills.
- Experience with Salesforce preferred.
- Experience with events preferred.
Benefits And Compensation
The United Nations Foundation offers unpaid full and part-time internships. We are happy to host interns who are able to receive academic credit or a stipend through their college or university. However, please note that it is not a requirement in order to intern with us.
*Please note that this is a Fall 2020 internship, and all Fall 2020 internships will be remote*
The United Nations Foundation is proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative-action employer. The United Nations Foundation provides equal employment opportunity to all employees and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.