Website Layton Construction
- This internship posting is not exclusively for the Salt Lake City area. Your current location, desired location and experience, and other factors will help us determine where you will be for an internship with Layton Construction for our projects throughout the country. *
Description: The intern for Layton Construction aids and assists the Project Engineers, Project Managers and Superintendents on construction projects (or other departments such as scheduling, estimating, or others if internship is designated to do so).
- Becomes familiar with the assigned project plans and specifications in order to assist the engineer with the project.
- Process RFI’s, Submittals (collects from subcontractors and distributes to architects/engineers/consultants).
- Assists in creating pay applications
- Distributes drawings and communicates information to subcontractors
- Collects and organizes bid information
- Prepares Project Review packages
- Assists in publishing weekly progress reports for assigned projects
- Completes follow up for receipt, review, and distribution of information required for project construction.
- Researches construction problems.
- Updates project schedules as needed.
- Assists in bidding and in developing scope of work for trade contractors.
- Follows up for review and approval for shop drawings, samples, material lists, etc.
- Maintains logs, reflecting the status of shop drawings, requests for clarification, change requests, and proposal requests.
- Assist in ensuring appropriate materials are available for the preparation of the project
Required: Sophomore, Junior, or Senior in University.
- Prior internship preferred but not necessary.
- Construction industry experience preferred.
Benefits: Interns are not benefits eligible.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITIES FOR ALL – Layton Construction embraces federal employment guidelines regarding equal opportunity and affirmative action. It is the policy of Layton Construction to provide equal employment opportunity to all qualified applicants and employees. Layton Construction is an affirmative action employer and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, or veteran status in any condition of employment including, but not limited to, recruitment, hiring, training and promotion.