Website FedEx Services
Company: FedEx Services
Job Title: Intern Marketing and Communications – Plano, TX
Job Requisition Number: RC278261
Plano, Texas 75024
This is a 10-week assignment for students pursuing a college degree (either undergraduate or graduate). Assignments are directly related to intern’s academic degree. Under direct supervision, performs duties as assigned. Student participates in a number of organized events providing visibility into the overall operations of FedEx as well as the Memphis community.
High School graduate or equivalent. Student has completed at least two years towards a college degree. Enrollment as undergraduate or graduate student in Business, Marketing, Digital Marketing, User Experience & Interaction Design, Master of Design, Anthropology, Design Methods. Creative Design, Human Computer Interaction, Advertising, Innovation and Entrepreneurship, Product Management, Sports Marketing, Public Relations, Journalism, Supply Chain Management, Engineering, Computer Science, Information Systems, Data Analytics, Mathematics, Statistics, Finance, Communications or other related major.
Full-time internship opportunity from June 2021 to August 2021. This position will be domiciled in the Plano TX area.
Details: Under close supervision, the successful candidate will assist with a strategic focus area within the FedEx Marketing area spanning all aspects of Retail Marketing.
Please review the videos and collateral document at http://marketingcareers.fedex.com/ for more information about FedEx Marketing and Internships.
The ideal candidate will possess the following skills and experience:
- Ability to synthesize large volumes of data (quantitative and qualitative).
- Strong analytical, interpersonal, organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to multitask, meet deadlines and work in a high-pressure environment.
- Ability to work productively and proactively, both independently or as part of a team.
- Strong working knowledge and experience with Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Knowledge and/or experience developing marketing collateral and digital content.
- Knowledge and/or experience utilizing design thinking.
- Knowledge of user experience with websites and interfaces
- Formal or informal marketing, consulting, project management, or strategy experience.
- Possess the following qualities:
- Entrepreneurial, innovative approach and strong initiative.
- Critical thinking and thought leadership.
- Strong personal drive and demonstrated leadership.
- Demonstrated relationship building and strong collaboration and communications skills, both written and verbal.
- Strong presentation skills.
- Shown flexibility, planning, and problem solving skills.
- Project/product management skills.
- Enrollment as undergraduate at junior year or above or first year Masters program in one of the following: Business, Marketing, Digital Marketing, User Experience & Interaction Design, Master of Design, Anthropology, Design Methods. Creative Design, Human Computer Interaction, Advertising, Innovation and Entrepreneurship, Product Management, Supply Chain Management, Engineering, Computer Science, Information Systems, Data Analytics, Mathematics, Statistics, Finance or other related business major.
- Students currently enrolled in a similar graduate level program may also be considered.
- Ideally, plans to graduate within 12 months of completing the internship and available for full-time employment.
- Minimum GPA 3.0
- For Undergraduate internships: The company does not offer immigration sponsorship for the permanent position(s) that will be offered to successful interns who are hired into the Foundations Program.
Resume Should Include The Following Information
- College address and permanent home address.
- Permanent email address.
- Telephone number.
- The following regarding the degree you are currently pursuing and any previous undergraduate or graduate degrees:
- Name of college/university.
- Degree (For example, bachelor’s degree, master’s degree, or doctorate).
- Major and/or minor.
- Overall GPA.
- Major GPA.
- Date of intended graduation (Month and year).
This position will be domiciled in the Plano TX area
Relocation assistance not available.
Expected Internship Program Timeline
- Interviews typically occur October-January.
- Offers are typically extended October-February.
- Internship occurs early June-mid-August.
Want a career where you are empowered to make a difference? Want to work for a company that is environmentally responsible? Want to grow and develop on the job? If so, FedEx is the place for you! Every day FedEx delivers for its customers with transportation and business solutions. FedEx serves more than 220 countries and territories around the globe. We can serve this global network due to our outstanding team of FedEx employees. FedEx has over 400,000 talented employees who are tasked with making every FedEx experience outstanding. FedEx has been recognized on many different lists both for business success and for being a great employer.
Here are some of the recognitions FedEx has received from the past couple of years:
- Fortune “World’s Most Admired Companies” – 2019
- Forbes “Best Employers for Diversity” – 2019
- Reputation Institute “World’s Most Reputable Companies” – 2019
- National Business Inclusion Consortium “Best-of-the-Best Corporations for Inclusion” – 2019
- Women’s Business Enterprise National Council “America’s Top Corporations for Women’s Business Enterprises” – 2018
- Corporate Responsibility Magazine “100 Best Corporate Citizens” – 2018
- Black Enterprise “50 Best Companies For Diversity” – 2018
When 400,000 employees around the globe are all working together it is amazing what we can achieve! FedEx connects people and ideas. If you would like to make a difference on a global scale while receiving top notch benefits, competitive pay, and plenty of opportunities to develop, click ‘Apply’ and tell us more about yourself.
EEO Statement – FedEx is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer (minorities/females/disability/veterans) that is committed to diversifying its workforce.