Website U.S. News & World Report
U.S. News & World Report is a digital first media company dedicated to helping consumers and business professionals make important decisions. We publish independent reporting, rankings, data journalism and advice that has earned the trust of our readers and users for more than 85 years.
As a trusted authority providing empowerment and guidance that improves the quality of life for consumers and communities, U.S. News ultimately leads to better life decisions.
Your role in helping us shape the future:
U.S. News empowers everyone to thrive. As a paid intern, you’ll have the opportunity to leverage your strengths and skills to help ensure the high quality of our news coverage. This one-year, full-time internship is open to recent college grads. In this role, you will write, assist in web production and handle editorial duties as needed. The work will be performed under tight deadlines and involve working with multiple editors and team members. You will work with a passionate team of journalists covering politics, as well as with our Best Countries, Best States, Healthiest Communities and Cities projects. You will also work with our live events team, handling short write-ups of livestreams and other events.
Are you up to the challenge?
- Write short stories under tight deadline pressure.
- Assist in web production
- Help U.S. News Live events team in writing short synopses of livestreamed events.
- U.S. News Government Rankings team in launches of Healthiest Communities, Best States and Best Countries.
You should definitely have:
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent
- Knowledge of content management systems
- Experience at a college newspaper or equivalent
- Ability to exercise sound judgment, professionalism and maturity in the workplace.
- Ability to multi-task
- Willingness to learn
- Strong communication and organizational skills
- Proficiency in MS Office and Google Docs
- Comfort working with data
It would be nice if you had:
- Video production skills
What it’s like to work with us:
Talent is our best asset!
We invest in people with passion and potential who understand U.S. News’ dedication to our consumers.
- Entrepreneurial, mission-driven culture with core values of quality and integrity
- Focus on fostering personal and professional growth
- Competitive benefits including paid vacation time, medical, tuition reimbursement, and training
- Collaborative Work Environment ~ Fun, diverse, inclusive and ambitious co-workers
- This role is full-time for 12 months and works 37.5 hours a week M-F, with occasional nights and weekends
- This internship is $15 an hour.
- These statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this job. This is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of employees assigned to this job.