CooperVision, a division of CooperCompanies (NYSE:COO), is one of the world’s leading manufacturers of soft contact lenses. The Company produces a full array of daily disposable, two-week and monthly contact lenses, all featuring advanced materials and optics. CooperVision has a strong heritage of solving the toughest vision challenges such as astigmatism, presbyopia and childhood myopia; and offers the most complete collection of spherical, toric and multifocal products available. Through a combination of innovative products and focused practitioner support, the company brings a refreshing perspective to the marketplace, creating real advantages for customers and wearers. For more information, visit www.coopervision.com
The Cooper Companies, Inc. (“Cooper”) is a global medical device company publicly traded on the NYSE (NYSE:COO). Cooper operates through two business units, CooperVision and CooperSurgical. CooperVision brings a refreshing perspective on vision care with a commitment to developing a wide range of high-quality products for contact lens wearers and providing focused practitioner support. CooperSurgical is committed to advancing the health of women, babies and families with its diversified portfolio of products and services focusing on medical devices and fertility & genomics. Headquartered in Pleasanton, CA, Cooper has more than 12,000 employees with products sold in over 100 countries. For more information, please visit www.coopercos.com.
The Cooper Companies, Inc. is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. Women, minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. Any person with a disability needing special accommodations to the application process please call Human Resources.
JOB TITLE: Risk Management – Intern
DEPARTMENT: Risk Management
CooperCompanies Risk Management department is currently seeking an Intern to assist with various risk management related activities. This is a summer internship position for those interested in pursuing a career in Risk Management/Insurance.
Insurance Renewal Support
- Assist with the collection of insurance renewal data
Risk Management Administration
- Assist in the electronic filing and tracking of insurance policies
- Assist with maintaining claims summary documentation
- Assist with updating annual insurance summaries and/or claim reporting guidelines
- Assist with Risk Committee activities
- Assist in populating a property risk recommendation tracker
- Support the Risk Management department on ad-hoc projects
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Strong academic results
- Effective communication skills (verbal and written)
- Strong interpersonal skills, a commitment to professionalism, integrity and collegiality
- Meticulous attention to detail with a focus toward results and value creation
- Normal office environment
- A current student in undergraduate (minimum of junior class standing) or graduate studies with a concentration on risk management or finance.
- Strong technical proficiency including knowledge of the Microsoft Office Suite