Website State of Georgia
This Internship is an excellent opportunity to gain practical hands-on experience in the public service within a variety of work areas such as Information Technology, Transit Operations, Legal, Engineering, and Transportation Performance & Innovation. Interns will work closely with SRTA agency leaders as part of their Internship. While specific duties will vary per assigned work area, list below is a summary list of job responsibilities.
- Attend various assigned meetings
- Conduct and assist with research
- Assist with assigned projects
- Provide project status updates
- Create communications and reports
- Perform other duties as assigned by Management
- Ability to work independently as well within a team environment
- Strong work ethic and dependability
- Effective communicator, with an emphasis on written and oral communication
- Self-motivated, good organizational skills, ability to prioritize and meet deadlines, and multi-tasker
- A college/university junior or senior pursuing an undergraduate degree
- GPA of 3.0 or higher
- Must be attending a Georgia college/university
- Computer literate with working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite applications (e.g., Word, PowerPoint, and Excel)
- Availability to work up to 29 hours per week
- Strong interpersonal acumen, excellent communication skills, and attention to detail
- Possess SRTA’s core values of Integrity, Collaboration, Innovation, Customer Focus, and Diversity.
- Previous Internship or related experience in the public sector is a plus.
High school diploma or GED AND ability to perform basic office functions and computer related duties.
Road and Tollway Authority, State – SRTA
Jul 1, 2020
Number of Openings
Administrative & Operations Support