Internal Communications Specialist
Come join the world’s largest independent renewable energy company active in wind, solar, energy storage and transmission and distribution. Our vision is to be a leader in the transition where everyone has access to affordable zero carbon energy. Being part of the RES team means shaping the world’s energy future.
RES offers a comprehensive benefits package, including medical, dental, vision, 401K + employer match, life insurance and AD&D, paid time off, paid sabbatical, paid parental leave, alternative work schedules, fitness center membership, tuition reimbursement, and professional development.
This position is primarily responsible for implementing, coordinating, and monitoring RES’ internal communications and fostering an environment for employee engagement in the Americas. These activities include, but are not limited to:
- Ensure communication strategy is consistent and reflects the organization’s strategic vision and brand.
- Collaborate with communications and marketing team to develop, implement, and manage internal communications strategy.
- Solicit stories of project success, community engagement, safety, and other noteworthy events for internal newsletter and intranet.
- Improve penetration of internal comms key messages to all staff, especially site-based employees by designing new channels which are relevant and attractive to site-based employees.
- Support site-based community relations initiatives and capture information to share internally and externally.
- Measure and present results of communication efforts in alignment with global measures.
- Set-up and manage internal editorial calendar within Americas.
- Develop internal communication collateral pieces for employee engagement.
- Develop, maintain, and update the company’s intranet pages for the Americas.
- Support and/or lead the development of multi-media internal presentations including creating scripts and informal videos.
- Interface with internal stakeholders to ensure quality of collateral and timeliness of submission.
- Participate in the Culture and Values team and solicit stories, updates, and etc.
- Organize and/or champion alternative commuting efforts across Americas’ offices and project sites
- Gather and disseminate information from the project sites on their local economic and social influence.
- Organize, manage, and track staff volunteer events.
- Travel may be required up to 25%
- Support internal events.
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills And Abilities
- Internal communications specialist.
- Knowledge of employee engagement and community relations.
- Confident in managing different stakeholders from senior leadership to site-based workers.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent attention to detail and great organizational skills.
- Excellent time-management skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Works well under pressure.
- Works well independently and in a team.
- Bachelor degree in communication, journalism, or equivalent 3-5 years of experience.
- Minimum of two years of related communication and/or community relations experience.
- Based in Broomfield, CO office.
- Skilled in MS Office Suites and Outlook.
- Graphic design and video editing skills preferred but not mandatory.
Physical Requirements And Environment
The work environment and physical demands characteristics are representative of those the employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Performs primarily sedentary office duties with occasional travel to other Company offices or construction sites. Incumbent may occasionally lift up to 10 pounds and may be required to sit, stand, walk and use a computer.
We maintain a drug-free workplace. Candidates will be required to pass a pre-employment background investigation and drug test as a condition of employment.
RES is proud to be an EEO employer.