As the International Content Strategy Manager, you will be responsible for defining and evolving Udemy’s global content strategy, while guiding local content acquisition teams to best serve our global customer base (2/3 of our students are located outside of the U.S.).
In this role, you will lead strategic initiatives to unlock local markets and drive engagement with international content. These will span from local-language content acquisition and sales enablement programs to complex, cross-company initiatives like international expansion strategy.
We are looking for a highly strategic and scrappy executor with a passion for online education to take our content to the next level as we scale our global teams in EMEA, APAC and LATAM. This opportunity is highly impactful and is a great opportunity for the right candidate with strong skills in strategy and influence.
- Define and evolve Udemy’s global content strategy
- Develop deep understanding of key international markets, trends, competition, and end users to support roadmap recommendations
- Translate insights and analysis into business plans and strategic initiatives that support content strategy and unlock local markets
- Oversee complex, cross-company initiatives that serve global markets, including strategic content acquisition and international expansion strategy
- 3+ years of experience in strategy, content management, or market research
- Experience with international expansion strategy development and/or execution
- Proven experience working well in cross-functional teams as well as leading and executing large multi-faceted projects
- Exceptional analytical and creative problem solving skills
- Excellent written, presentation and verbal communication skills
- A passion for Udemy and our mission
- Experience in a fast-changing environment. Udemy is growing rapidly, and the ability to adapt to change is essential to success
- Data analysis and/or SQL skills
We believe anyone can build the life they imagine through online learning. Today, more than 35 million students around the world are advancing their careers and passions by exploring and mastering new skills on Udemy, and expert instructors are able to share their knowledge with the world. Through our global marketplace and our solutions for businesses and governments, we connect people everywhere with the skills they need for success in work and life. We’re a close-knit bunch that enjoys problem-solving and collaboration, and we share a serious belief in the power of learning and teaching to change lives. Udemy’s culture encourages innovation, creativity, passion, and teamwork. We also celebrate our milestones and support each other every day.
Founded in 2010, Udemy is privately owned and headquartered in San Francisco’s SOMA neighborhood with offices in Denver (Colorado), Dublin (Ireland), Ankara (Turkey), Gurugram (India), and São Paulo (Brazil).
Udemy in the News
Udemy Raises 50 Million at a 2 Billion Dollar Valuation from Japanese Publisher Benesse
Paid Paternity Leave Should be the Norm in the U.S.
Breakdown of Most In-Demand Skills for 2020—Finance, Marketing, Sales and Engineering
How Investing in Yourself Today Will Set You Up for Career Success Tomorrow
Feedback Isn’t the Problem, but the Way That We Deliver It Is Broken