Are you looking to gain real world experience in a thriving, global financial services firm with an award winning culture? Consider an internship and start building your career at Baird.
About Our Intern Program
Our competitive intern program is a robust experience that offers interns exposure to the business world and a meaningful work experience. Interns are treated as valuable team members while learning from experienced professionals in a collaborative, fun, and dynamic environment. Baird’s summer program activities include an Intern Welcome Event, multiple Lunch & Learns, a Brewers game at Miller Park, Baird Night at the Zoo, and many other informal events. Our interns have the opportunity to use a Baird Cares Day and be compensated to volunteer in the community. They are also eligible to apply for $8,000 in scholarships. Our informal mentor program gives interns an opportunity to network throughout Baird and learn about all the areas of the firm. To learn more, check out this .
Our Compliance team ensures the laws, regulations, and ethical standards of the securities industry are adhered to in Baird businesses. We have a newly created internship opportunity within the department to work with our analytics team. The analytics team develops sophisticated surveillance and risk discovery solutions for Compliance by turning data into intelligence, leveraging available technology and building strong partnerships .
Internship Location, Availability and Hours:
Located in our Milwaukee, WI office, interns must be able to work full-time, 37.5-40 hours per week, during the summer and 15-20 hours during the school year. We are recruiting students who can start as early as November 2020.
As a Compliance Data Analytics Intern, You Will
- Work with business partners to understand how the data we provide impacts the greater decisions of both Compliance and Baird
- Assist the team in migrating legacy reports to a new platform utilizing SQL and new analytics tools
- Create analytic data solutions and visualizations using PowerBI and Alteryx
- Learn how to access, blend and utilize data
- Participate in team meetings and requirements discussions as appropriate with all areas of Compliance and with associates from the firm’s IT department
- Play an active role in managing tasks and projects getting a sense for the analytics development process
What we look for:
- Pursuing a bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, Data Science, Computer Science or related data analytics discipline Minimum GPA of 3.0 with an anticipated graduation date of December 2021 or later
- Foundational understanding of databases and SQL
- Strong interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to work with business partners to understand and document requirements
- Detail-oriented individual with ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously
What makes this opportunity great:
- Directly apply knowledge gained in the classroom to create meaning from raw business data using industry leading development tools
- Gain hands-on experience while completing your college degree with a highly ranked organization
- Work within a unique culture that values diverse backgrounds and perspectives while emphasizing teamwork and a strong sense of partnership
More About Baird
Baird is an employee owned, international wealth management, capital markets, private equity and asset management firm with more than 200 offices in the United States, Europe and Asia. Established in 1919, Baird has over $300 billion in client assets and more than 4,500 associates serving the needs of individual, corporate, institutional and municipal clients.
Baird has built an environment of trust, respect and teamwork, where associates are our greatest asset. As stated in our Associate Promise, we are passionate about how we achieve great outcomes together for our clients, communities and each other. Committed to being a great place to work, Baird ranks No. 13 on the