City: Grand Rapids
Office Location: 901 44th Street SE – – – – –
Date posted: 13-Mar-2020
Business Function: Information Technology
Position Type: Intern
Who we are:
Steelcase was founded as an office furniture maker, and we’ve evolved into the global leader in workplace solutions. We apply our insights to the intersection of space, technology, and furniture, helping individuals and teams in leading companies around the world to have a better day at work.
We pursue innovation, strive for sustainability and develop insights in every part of our business.
Why People Choose To Work With Us
- Meaningful work that will challenge you and contribute to Steelcase
- Learning opportunities and exposure to different areas of IT
- Exposure to non-traditional resources and state of the art technologies
- Professional and personal growth opportunities
- Working for a global company
- Exposure to executive leadership
- Mentoring opportunities
- Opportunities to collaborate with other interns
- Welcoming environment that is open to your ideas
What You Will Be Doing
You’ll be working on our Data Engineering team with a sub-focus on Industrial IoT.
- Take a complex problem and break it down into actionable steps
- Collaborate with other interns in a group project
- Work on multi-functional global teams
- You will own individual projects while collaborating with teams
- Technology you may work with:
- Cloud technologies
- Various development languages and environments
Who Are You
- Do you love an engaging and collaborative work environment?
- Do you like working with people to tackle business problems?
- Are you eager to apply your technical skills to solve complex business problems?
- Are you passionate about your hobbies?
- Are you a logical thinker?
- Real passion for learning and developing soft and technical skills
- Communicate technical ideas across to various levels of understanding
- Interest and ability to work in an agile environment
- Knowledge and applied experience with a structured programming language, specifically Python, C, and C++
- Open to all years of education
- Ideally we are looking for rising juniors and seniors from traditional or non-traditional backgrounds
- Pursuing a bachelor’s degree in a technical or analytical program (CS, IS, MIS, Engineering, Data Science)
Your Future Team
We believe you will love our new workspace as much as we do! The IT organization is made up of 600 employees, has numerous young professionals and is a valuable part of the corporate strategy. Our Data Engineering group is part of an Agile Product Team made up of 6 dynamic individuals.
During the summer you will join a group of about 15 to 20 students with ample opportunities to network and be exposed to a variety of functions within IT. You will receive mentoring by a team of senior level IT analysts who are dedicated to building an amazing summer experience for you.
We are highly engaged with business users and we believe you’ll thrive in our agile environment.
We are proud of our diverse workforce, and we’re always looking to get better. We value applicants who enjoy interacting with people different than themselves. Women, people of any race or national origin, lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender people, veterans, working mothers and fathers, and everyone else are all invited to apply.
We seek to find the best person to fill this role and will not discriminate based on race, color, creed, genetic information, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic prohibited by law.