PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play —it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
This internship is for Summer 2021.
Junior Data Scientist Intern
Aliso Viejo, CA
As the Junior Data Scientist Intern, you will work on game streaming data from PS Now and CGEI infrastructure. Day to day responsibilities will include capturing and analyzing data from different sources, as well as building different machine learning models to understand and predict quality of game streaming experience. You will be part of a collaborative cross-functional team of data scientists, business analysts and engineers while developing and testing your project. You are ambitious, self-motivated, and have the ability to work independently as well as part of a collaborative team. You will provide regular updates on your progress, and present your results at the end of your internship.
- Pursuing a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Data Science/Computer Science (or related technical field), and/or within 1 year of their post-graduation date
- Experience in supervised and unsupervised machine learning algorithms as well as knowledge of common ML frameworks
- Programming skills with Python or another programming language
- Expertise in extracting data from multiple data sources using SQL
- Good knowledge of statistics and probability
- Excellent communication skills and passionate about learning new tools and developing products
- Creative and fearless when tackling difficult problems
- Comfortable with ambiguity and can demonstrate flexibility
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.