Website Clearway Energy Group
Clearway Energy Group is accelerating the world’s transformation to a clean energy future. With more than 4.3 gigawatts of solar and wind energy assets in 25 states and a development pipeline across the country, we are offsetting the equivalent of nearly 9 million tons of carbon emissions for our customers. The company is headquartered in San Francisco, CA with offices in Carlsbad, CA; Scottsdale, AZ; Houston, TX; and New York, NY. For more information, visit www.clearwayenergygroup.com.
The Summer Intern will assist Clearway lawyers providing counsel to management and project teams as Clearway positions itself to capture emerging opportunities in Utility-Scale Wind, Utility-Scale Solar and Community Solar segments of the energy industry. This position reports to the General Counsel and will be remote.
Principle Responsibilities/Key Results Areas
- Assist with review and drafting of project documents
- Assist with review and drafting of financing documents, include tax equity structures and debt financing
- Assist with resolving legal issues identified by asset management in connection with operating projects
- Assist in management of litigation and other dispute resolution processes
- Assist with respect to management of regulatory issues
- Assist other attorneys or the General Counsel on additional projects as necessary
Knowledge & Skills
- Business acumen and excellent commercial judgment
- Ability to work independently and as a team member, ability to set priorities and to respond to changing demands from multiple sources
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written) including ability to work independently; project management skills;
- Interest in renewable energy and a demonstrated aptitude to understand complex and new technologies, systems, innovations and business concepts as well as market opportunities and challenges;
- Ability to and preference for working in a fast-paced, leanly staffed, entrepreneurial environment;
- Strong academic record from a leading law school
- Exposure to the renewable energy industry preferred
Clearway Energy Group is strongly committed to a philosophy of equal opportunity and fully complies with equal employment laws, ordinances and regulations for all applicants and employees.
We will make reasonable accommodations to enable individuals with disabilities to apply and compete for employment opportunities for which they are qualified. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.