Website Pernod Ricard
Position Title: Marketing & Innovation Legal Intern
Position Location: New York, NY
Pernod Ricard USA, a leader in the U.S. spirits and wine industry with a growing market presence and a strong portfolio of premium brands, is seeking a 1st or 2nd year law student to work in its legal department full time during summer 2019, with the possibility of continuing into the 2019-2020 school year on a part-time basis. Responsibilities will include assisting attorneys and legal staff with contract and policy drafting, preparing presentations and training materials, and research and analysis in the areas of contract, intellectual property, alcohol beverage, and advertising law. The internship is geared at providing students with an opportunity to explore the practice of law in a corporate environment. The intern will be placed with the Marketing & Innovation legal team.
- Strong academic record
- Knowledge of, and experience with, contract analysis/drafting
- Westlaw competency
- Knowledge and experience with digital and social media platforms
- Ability to complete yearlong internship program from May/June 2019 through May/June 2020, working full-time in the summer and part-time during the 2019-2020 school year
- Experience in moot court or law review/journal.
- Experience in advertising or intellectual property law
- Experience in alcohol beverage law.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, highly regulated environment
- Excellent analytical skills, with an ability to see both detail and big picture issues
- Excellent communication and organizational skills and attention to detail
- Strong writing skills, with impeccable spelling and grammar
Authorization to work in the United States required.
Applicants must be at least 21 years of age.