Website Granite Construction
Building a career at Granite may be the most valuable thing you could do…
Are you interested in the opportunity to work for an industry-leading company that will give you the experience and exposure you need to build your career and personal brand? If so, then you’ve come to the right place!
Since 1922, Granite Construction has continued its long standing commitment to building some of America’s largest infrastructure projects including highways, bridges, dams, rail, and power. Recognized as one of the top 25 largest construction companies in the U.S., Granite specializes in complex infrastructure projects and provides award-winning construction services in mining, earthwork, water/sewer, power, tunneling, rail, highway and bridge construction. Granite also produces construction materials-sand, gravel, ready-mix, recycled asphalt product and asphalt concrete, and is a proven leader in alternative procurement project delivery.
At Granite, our employees are our most valued asset and we are passionate about retaining, developing, and recruiting the best talent available. Our employees reflect our core values: Honesty, Integrity, Fairness, Accountability, Consideration of Others, Pursuit of Excellence, Reliability Safety and Citizenship and we are continuously looking for individuals who possess a winning attitude and share our Core Values. In exchange, we help you build a career that no other company can duplicate. You will be part of a learning culture, where teamwork and collaboration are encouraged, excellence is rewarded, and diversity is respected and valued. Add our award winning safety program, ethics, reputation, and a commitment to continuous improvement and you’ll see that we are building more than infrastructure—together, we are building your future.
Are you interested in the opportunity to work for an industry-leading company that will give you the experience and exposure you need to build your career and personal brand? If so, then you’ve come to the right place! Granite is an industry leader in the transportation, water resources and mineral exploration markets throughout North America, providing infrastructure solutions for construction, program management, alternative procurement, and is a vertically-integrated contractor with aggregate materials reserves throughout the U.S.
This paid summer internship for a student majoring in Marketing or Communications will be in a Granite office and the intern will work with members of the marketing and communications team who are working in other locations on a variety of deliverables. Must be comfortable traveling to local active job sites as well as working in an office environment. Excellent written skills are required as the intern will complete writing assignments for digital and media (social and web). Some photography and video skills are a plus as the intern will be asked to capture candid as well as posed images and video of team members and at construction job sites.
Essential Job Responsibilities
- Must be able to complete a variety of writing assignments on time and without errors. Assignments may include: press releases, blog posts, web and intranet news articles/marketing content, and social media posts.
- Must enjoy working collaboratively with remote teams using technology.
- Attention to detail and maintaining confidentiality a must
- Must be able to work independently
- Take safety training, apply safe work practices, and wear appropriate Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
- Willing to travel locally to active job sites to photograph team members and the work in progress.
- Experience in shooting, editing, and producing short social media videos and in working with Adobe Creative Suite, especially Adobe Photoshop, Lightroom and Premiere is a plus
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Currently majoring in marketing and communications, or journalism (or a related field) at an accredited 4-year college or university
- Proficiency in multi-media formats, including print, video, and digital platforms
- Attention to detail/accuracy, quick learner and internally motivated to seek out answers, generate ideas, and develop new skills
- Ability to set priorities, organize work and work in high production environment while responding quickly and effectively under pressure, changing priorities and tight timelines/deadlines
- Strong problem-solving skills, with demonstrated ability to provide creative solutions to real-time challenges with consistent follow through
- Ability to work well individually, and as part of a team, as well as with other stakeholders
- Ability to work in creative and structured, process-driven environments
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. The employee frequently is required to stand, walk, sit and use hands to operate a computer keyboard. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 15 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, and ability to adjust focus. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
About Granite Construction Incorporated
Granite Construction Incorporated is a member of the S&P 400 Index and is the parent company of Granite Construction Company, one of the nation’s largest heavy civil contractors and construction materials producers. Granite Construction is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, Individuals with Disabilities and a Drug-Free Workplace. For additional information on applicant/employee rights please click here.
Notice to Staffing Agencies
Granite Construction, Inc. and its subsidiaries (“Granite”) will not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than directly from a candidate. Any unsolicited resumes sent to Granite, including unsolicited resumes sent to a Granite mailing address, fax machine or email address, directly to Granite employees, or to Granite’s resume database will be considered Granite property. Granite will NOT pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited resume. Granite will consider any candidate for whom an Agency has submitted an unsolicited resume to have been referred by the Agency free of any charges or fees. Agencies must obtain advance written approval from Granite’s recruiting function to submit resumes, and then only in conjunction with a valid fully-executed contract for service and in response to a specific job opening. Granite will not pay a fee to any Agency that does not have such agreement in place. Agency agreements will only be valid if in writing and signed by Granite’s Human Resources Representative or his/ her designee. No other Granite employee is authorized to bind Granite to any agreement regarding the placement of candidates by Agencies.
Area of Interest