Website Clara Foods
Clara Foods is looking for an intern that is passionate about Social Media, Brand Marketing, Communications, and PR with experience and/or interest in the food technology space. You’ll be working alongside the CEO and commercial team to assist in PR, social media, and content writing for Clara Foods. You’ll gain firsthand experience about marketing & communications and directly assist in bringing our marketing campaigns to life.
This is a paid intern position. Must be currently enrolled in an undergraduate/graduate program. Start and end dates are flexible in addition to work hours (up to 10 hours per week or more if needed) Intern will work remotely and must have WiFi access.
FLSA Status: Non-exempt, part-time
Reporting to: Chief Executive Officer
Role and Responsibilities
- Support community engagement by planning and executing day-to-day social calendar and content that strengthens Clara Foods Brand (Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, Linkedin, and etc.)
- Assist in planning, writing, and managing content creation including press releases, corporate presentations, speeches, face sheets, briefing documents, social media posts, blog posts, web copy, messaging, and other communications materials
- Partner with our PR agency to ensure PR ideas and strategic usage of Clara media are used across channels (email, website, paid digital ads, etc.)
- Collaborate with staff on new ideas, tools, and approaches for PR, marketing, and communicating about Clara’s brand
- Participate in Zoom & Google Hangout meetings with Commercial team and potential partners
- Research food technology current events and latest news.
- Must currently be pursuing a degree in marketing/communications or any related field
- Experience at a high-growth startup in the food, beverage, and/or agriculture sector a plus, but not required
- Passion and a knack for storytelling and writing. Must be able to write clearly, concisely, and creatively
- Experience in managing multiple projects simultaneously
- Written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to use Zoom, G-Suite, and Slack
- Experience using Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram and Facebook (preferably for business purposes)
- A love for creativity and for thinking outside of the box. All ideas are good ideas!
- Self starter with a strong work ethic and ability to work remotely
- Marketing or communications experience from past internships, clubs, side projects or other activities
- Must be authorized to work in the United States for Clara Foods
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
About Clara Foods™
Clara Foods™ is a Bay Area venture capital-backed company working towards a disruptive advance in food technology by producing animal proteins without the animal using fermentation. We join a new generation of entrepreneurs, activists and scientists who recognize that the decades-old factory farm model cannot sustain the dietary needs of 7 billion people and counting – and that technology may hold a solution.