Website Samsung Electronics America
At the Samsung Strategy and Innovation Center (SSIC), we discover and develop groundbreaking technologies to help people around the world lead happier, healthier, and richer lives.
Founded in 2012 and led by Samsung Electronics President and Chief Strategy Officer, Young Sohn, SSIC works with entrepreneurs and strategic partners to foster disruptive technologies, invest in promising startups, and build new business lines through M&A and strategic partnerships.
Our work spans across a range of technologies, including artificial intelligence, autonomous mobility, digital health, cloud data infrastructure, privacy, and security. Through our commitment to developing innovative, reliable products and services, recruiting top-tier talent, upholding the responsibilities of global citizenship, and collaborating with our partners and customers, SSIC is imagining the technologies that will reshape the world.
As a member of SSIC’s Marketing and Communications team, you will help tell stories about the work we do, and get those stories heard by audiences around the world. This opportunity covers many topics, from Tech for Good, to quantum computing, to 5G. The projects take on many forms, whether it’s pitching and executing a social media strategy, helping arrange video production schedules, or sitting with SSIC’s leadership to brainstorm how narrative can help us push vital messages forward.
Given the wide range of content, the ideal candidate is someone who is driven by curiosity yet also excels at execution. An interest in SSIC’s technology domains – particularly the latest trends in data and AI – is vital, particularly as they relate to tech for good. Experience developing content across channels like LinkedIn, Twitter, and Facebook is a must. An interest and familiarity with production in video, podcast, and new media channels is also strongly preferred. Successful candidates will thrive in a fast-paced environment and will be capable of pitching ideas with sound logic, strategy, and creativity to senior leadership.
- Create written and multimedia content for MarComm team at SSIC, supporting the overall communication goals of the company
- Collaborate with internal and external creative teams to manage content production for social, video, web, and PR.
- Event/Marketing Support for internal and external events.
- Work with appropriate team members to develop project scope of work documents and project plans, and escalate schedule that are at risk.
REQUIRED SKILLS (Education Certificates, Licenses, Travel)
- Exceptional writing and storytelling skills
- Working knowledge of major technology trends, including but not limited to quantum computing, 5G, and AI
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills
- Working ability with PowerPoint and Excel
- Working knowledge of digital channels including LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook, and YouTube
- Experience writing about technology
- Experience developing and pitching content ideas
- Managing production logistics for video or podcast
- Developing content on a diversity of media platforms
- Project management for content on web and social
Samsung Semiconductor Inc (SSI), an equal opportunity employer, is a world leader in Memory, System LSI, and LCD technologies. Headquartered in San Jose, California, SSI is a wholly-owned U.S. subsidiary of Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd.- one of the largest semiconductor manufacturer in the world and the industry’s volume and technology leader in DRAM, NAND Flash, SSDs, mobile DRAM and graphics memory. It is one of the largest providers of system logic, imaging and LED lighting solutions, as well as providing advanced process design and manufacturing for fabless companies. Samsung Semiconductor, Inc. also has a research and innovation center with numerous labs providing product design and research in: logic, memory, image sensors, displays and mobile technologies. In addition, the company supports Samsung Display Company, the largest producer of LCD and OLED displays. SSI is an Equal Opportunity Employer. It is SSI’s policy to comply with all applicable national, state and local laws pertaining to nondiscrimination and equal opportunity, and hiring decisions are made accordingly.