Website The Home Depot
The merchandising intern program offers talented college students an opportunity to develop leadership skills and gain hands on experience in working with a number of leaders to learn the retail business from one of the world’s leading retailers.
During a 10-12 week period, interns will be assigned to functional teams such as buying, global sourcing, merchandise operations/execution, marketing, e-commerce, product development and brand management to learn day-to-day operations, merchandising skills and overall comprehension of the retail business at the Home Depot’s corporate office.
Major Tasks, Responsibilities And Key Accountabilities
- Use strategic thinking to approach problems and create solutions
- Responsible for the accuracy and quality of work performed
- Develop and implement project plans; determine requirements, deliverables, resources, timing/milestones, and risks
- Communicate findings and project status clearly and professionally through presentations.
- Make recommendations to upper management.
- Provide comprehensive report out to merchandising senior leaders on assignments and other related projects
- Partnering cross-functionally to achieve goals
NATURE AND SCOPE
Position reports to Manager or Team Lead
No direct reports
ENVIRONMENTAL JOB REQUIREMENTS
Located in a comfortable indoor area. Any unpleasant condition
Typically requires overnight travel less than 10% of the time.
Additional Environmental Job Requirements:
Must be eighteen years of age or older.
Must be legally permitted to work in the United States.
Additional Minimum Qualifications:
Years of Relevant Work Experience: 0 years
Most of the time is spent sitting in a comfortable position and there is frequent opportunity to move about. On rare occasions there ma
- Strong analytical skills;
- Process/detail o
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies:– Background in system development / business requirements