Website Tide Rock Holdings
WHO WE ARE
Tide Rock Holdings is a San Diego-based holding company that acquires profitable, economically resilient B2B businesses with the goals of removing artificial growth constraints, driving sustainable earnings growth, and making consistent cash distributions to investors. We focus on lower-middle market ($2-$7m EBITDA) businesses, where our experience, networks, and shared growth resources can create tremendous value. Our team is comprised of accomplished operators who understand the constraints of small companies and who are excited by the opportunities in overcoming these challenges. Our permanent capital structure provides stability and flexibility, allowing us to work with management teams to sustainably grow their businesses and realize their full
potential over the long-term.
We look for companies with a strong foundation and artificial growth constraint(s) that we can remove to create sustained growth. We partner with talented management teams that share our collaborative style and beliefs that great people build great companies and performance-driven cultures drive results. We apply best practices gained from our successes in buying, building, and selling B2B businesses. We understand the challenges management teams can face and aim to provide high touch support to facilitate consistent success.
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN AND DO:
This intern will participate in many aspects of Tide Rock Holdings, such as target company and prospective investor research, industry review, data cultivation, and other quantitative and qualitative analysis. This will provide valuable learning for those pursuing an MBA in the field of finance, accounting, entrepreneurship, economics, management, and/or general business. This intern should expect to develop a fundamental knowledge of the process by which lower middle market companies are bought and sold, and the fundraising steps involved in raising investor capital. Interns will also gain a working understanding of the industry participants involved in middle-market transactions and the motivating factors driving their behavior.
Activities will include:
• Support pipeline development for companies and potential investors that meet specified criteria
• Assist in data gathering of prospective targets, industries, and markets via secondary and primary source research
Utilize company database and software platforms to track, monitor, and manage pipeline deal flow and prospect investor processes
• Communicate research results to the deal team and CFO as well as contribute ideas and make recommendations
• Learn and help analyze quantitative and qualitative data to uncover industry, company, and market trends
• Help the team qualify businesses to identify their divestiture posture, ownership structure, revenue, EBITDA, actionability, and growth strategy
• Create of written materials to present to external parties
This is an unpaid internship aimed to provide knowledge and personal growth. This individual will work out of the office based in northern San Diego.